“Family experience”

Ranked #1 of 45 things to do in Ocean City
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With its quaint storefronts, amusement rides and Music Pier, Ocean City is everything you'd expect from the real Jersey shore. This family-friendly town boasts a two-mile boardwalk dotted with amusements, pizza parlors, and seaside stores.
Fort Myers, Florida
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Family experience”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Like the rest of OC, the boardwalk is a family place, reminiscent of my youth. Salt water taffy, skeeball, beachwear, goofy golf, and even a theater.

Visited September 2011

Jersey Shore, New Jersey
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 925 helpful votes
“Smell that ocean air on Ocean City's WONDERFUL family Boardwalk!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

LOVE coming to Ocean City Boardwalk with my husband & children. It is, in my opinion, the best family oriented boardwalk in New Jersey. Unlike Atlantic City or Seaside Heights, Ocean City is just much more calm & quite and talk about clean....It's the cleanest boardwalk you'll probably find on the Jersey Shore.

Shops & food galore just add to an awesome day spent here. BEWARE of the adorable seagulls!! If you plan on eating on the boadwalk DO NOT eat outside where the seagulls can see you! We witnessed several people including children get their ice cream cones & other goodies jacked by seagulls. They will swoop down & literally take the food right out of your hands. There are signs everywhere warning against feeding them as well.

I spent most of my teenage Summers in Seaside Heights so Seaside Heights will always be my favorite boardwalk in New Jersey, BUT now as an adult & more importantly as a parent, Ocean City Boardwalk will be my 1st choice when visiting with my children. Hope you all have an excellent time here too:)

5 Thank FlipFlopsR4Me
Carlisle, pa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“On the boardwalk”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and i have been going to Ocean city n.j. for about 30 plus years. we love the boardwalk their. it is quiet, police r on the boards also, plenty of benchs to sit on, movie theatres, all types of attractions and they cost nothing except the movies. the stores tons of them u walk in and out just shopping no one bothers you or pushes mdse at you. the parking is a little high for your car, but u may be able to find spots where their is a meter and just put qtrs in it for say 3 to 4hrs should be plenty. their r shaded areas to sit and tons of restaurants to catch your town. it is a dry town meaning no alcohol or bars r permitted in ocean city n.j. just go across the bay to sommers point n.j. and u buy booze their if u r into drinking i am not. we just love to sit and watch the people go bye. tons of people on the beaches. though they do have a beach tag fee their that goes towards the maintenance of the beaches and repair of the boards during the winter when it rains and they get heavy storms their. It is a great place to take your children. AC is near bye as Lucy the elephant in Margate.

new jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great family day”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We live in new jersey so we r able to go to the boardwalk often and we love it, its a great family day.

Southampton, Pennsylvania
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“BOARD WALK GREAT BUT BEWARE OF STORES”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Love the Ocean City Boardwalk , it is family friendly , loads of food options and shops . The problem is the customer service of some of the shops on the boards . They do rely on the weekend visitors and are not to worried about customer service . I recently bought a pair of shoes at White Palms Boutique ont eh boardwalk and after wearing them for a 2 block walk they started to cut into the tops of my feet , blistered and bleeding I made it to the store to see if they would exchange them or return them , I could not wear these shoes . They were closed but someone was still inside the store so I called and was told a manager would call me the next day . My husband picked me up at the closest exit off the boards so I didn't have to walk any further in these shoes . I did take pictures of my feet in front of the store , I had just bought them earlier in the day . I have not recieved a phone call back , I have called them everyday for the week and got the same reply "my manager will call you tommorow" ...still nothing . A phone call is a simple request , I will never buy from them again and hope this story helps you not to have the same issue . Buyer please beware.