“A Great Place to Stay - Friendly and Clean”

Bayberry Inn - Ocean City
Ranked #2 of 20 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Bayberry Inn last week for the third year in a row. We have been going to Ocean City NJ for years as it’s one of the closer shore points for us, with a 3 ½ hour drive. We have stayed at several B & B’s and were regular customers at one in particular. However, when they could not accommodate us three years ago, we looked on line for a good replacement. To our fortunate surprise, we “lucked out”. Bonnie and Dave made us feel very welcomed. We loved the place with its quaint, beautifully decorated rooms and of course have been going back ever since. With each visit, we become more like extended family. We found that most all the guest are friendly and fun conversations have always taken place either at breakfast or relaxing on the front porch.

Bonnie serves up some wonderful breakfasts, starting with some type of fresh fruit and followed by a plate of baked French toast, or egg casserole, sometimes along with bacon/sausage and a muffin. It’s not a buffet and you are served your breakfast. Bonnie is very accommodating and if you let her know of any dietary concerns, she will come up with something to individually suit you. A few people may think it’s not a big hearty breakfast, but for us it’s plenty. We are early risers and you can relax on the porch with coffee before breakfast at 8:30. They also bring out iced tea or lemonade and cookies to the front porch every afternoon. What a nice thing to have after coming off the hot beach.

We have found the rooms always to be clean, a good mattress, with each having their own bathroom and air conditioned.

Bonnie and Dave are very accommodating and will go out of their way at times to please their guests.

Thanks again for a wonderful stay and of course we will be coming back again the lord willing.

Bill & Cindy Grove

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2010

We have searched for a warm, clean, friendly bed and breakfast in ocean city that welcomes young children. We are so thankful that we found the Bayberry! The innkeepers are extremely kind and very friendly people who genuinely care about their guests and do everything possible to make sure their guests are happy. The entire inn is spotless-you won't find a cleaner place. The beds are comfy and every room has it's own bathroom. They have a great, spacious suite on the third floor which is perfect for small families. The location is great-just 2 blocks from the beach and boardwalk. They offer off-street parking, which is rare in OC. The breakfast is homemade each day by Bonnie-she is an amazing cook and you won't be disappointed with the breakfast. The innkeepers are on-site and make themselves available to guests. It's just a lovely place to stay and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2009

What can I say? We spend a lot of time in Ocean City and we stay with Bonnie and David (and Pearl) whenever we can. We've stayed in other Ocean City B & B's but have never felt at home the way we do at the Bayberry Inn. The first time we stayed there, David even offered to drive us to our favorite beach and pick us up at the end of the day (1st St Beach, where we were eventually married).
My wife and I are major foodies and LOVE Bonnie's breakfast feasts! I'm getting hungry thinking about it. With coffee and good conversation on the porch with other guests before breakfast, Bonnie and Pearl always have to call us in when breakfast is ready. At the end of the day, there is nothing more welcoming than your cozy, well decorated, air conditioned room. Not that you'll need the A/C with the sea breezes blowing through your big beautiful windows.
For the price and the breakfast and the luxury... you really can't beat staying at the Bayberry. Forget ever staying at a hotel or motel. Book a room at the Bayberry and feel like your in your own home... but with somebody else making the bed and breakfast!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I just wanted to tell other Trip Advisor visitors what a great time I had at the Bayberry Inn in Ocean City, N.J. I have not been to Ocean City since I was a child and I must say that staying at the Bayberry Inn was a dream come true. It reminded me of the days I spent in OC when I was a child. From the time we walked up the steps to the front porch we knew that we were going to love staying in this house. My partner and I stayed in the Rose room and we both loved the antique furniture in the bedroom. The living room and the dining room makes you feel at home and makes you want to sit down and relax with a good book. Breakfast was very filling and I got through most of my day before I needed a snack. Everything was provided for us. We had a parking spot the whole trip and were provided beach tags and chairs. Everything was thought of! A+ Bayberry Inn!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickeymouse2871
Reviewed July 28, 2009

My husband and I just stayed here last weekend and really enjoyed our the stay. The location was perfect and owners were very kind. We enjoyed the breakfasts even though some would consider the portions small, I thought it was the perfect amount before hitting the beach for the day. The house and room were well kept. We will definitely be going back in the future!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dreamWayne
Reviewed August 7, 2008

My daughter and her friend went with me to the Bayberry for 3 nights in July '08. We throughly enjoyed the Sweet Pea Suite on the third/top floor, as well as the hospitality of the husband/wife hosts, the tasty breakfast and overall ambience. Being on the third floor was especially fun at night -- I felt a bit like Mary Poppins, and the teens enjoyed sitting out on the boardwalk-like fire escape.

I certainly recommend this B&B to anyone. We enjoyed adding to the comments of other guests who wrote in the little guest book in the room. It would also be great to stay there in chillier weather, with the fireplace, etc. Bought the inn's recipe book, too. Ocean City has always been a Jersey shore favorite, and this room, with the ability to accommodate more than 2 guests, rates at the top! Bonnie makes delicious muffins, by the way; she made sure that I had one when I chose to just sit on the porch and have coffee, rather than a full breakfast, one morning.

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank mellyNewJersey
Reviewed August 4, 2008

I would have to whole heartily disagree with the reviewer from Connecticut who had an unpleasant stay with her three children. We stayed at the Bayberry for 5 years now. I have two children 6 and 10 who feel right at home at the Bayberry. They look forward to our Ocean City visit partly due to the welcoming feel from Dave and Bonnie. I would have to disagree with the reviewer from Connecticut about the food served to her children. Our boys have always gotten a good meal for breakfast. I don't know about most families, but I know my boys don't go for quiche or fancy breakfast cassoroles, they are quite happy with french toast sticks or pancakes and the assortment of cereal. They have always been served the fruit and muffin of the morning (even when they didn't eat it on the first day). I recommend the Bayberry Inn for families (of behaved children) and anyone else who wants a wonderful vacactioning experience. The first time we stayed there, I remarked to Bonnie that I felt like I was leaving a family member's home at the end of our visit.

If you want Home Away From Home, then you should stay at the Bayberry Inn. You will not find a better place (or a cleaner place) anywhere!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank dascenzo1