Ocean Breeze Hotel
Harris House Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$158
Biscayne Suites(Ocean City)
$159
$219
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Front Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$149
Coral Sands(Ocean City)
$69
Ocean 7(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$156
  • Pool
All reviewswrap around porchbeach tagsnothing fancybeach passesboard gamesafter checking outshower stallextra towelsa great staylocation is greatboardwalkhiltonmattressrefrigeratorsummer
Reviewed August 13, 2012

When I booked the hotel, there were only a couple of reviews on this place, and they were both favorable. As my trip got closer, I checked again, and it had negative reviews. I know there are always some people who are just never happy, so I thought I'd see for myself. The bad reviews were spot on. We had two adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor. The room sizes themselves were decent, and there were 4 beds. However, the one bed was hard as a rock, and none of us could sleep on it. The place did indeed seem not just run down and old, but dirty. The bathroom had obviously not been cleaned well, and the toilet - not at all. How do I know this? Because it was obvious someone had used it and not flushed. Gross. The hotel advertised "daily housekeeping." All they did was come and take the trash and leave clean towels. They never as much as vacuumed. The breakfast they advertise, of pancakes, waffles and french toast? FROZEN! So you have to stand in line to use the one toaster. And you have from 8:15 until 9:30 to eat it, or you're out of luck. The only positive was that it was close to the boardwalk/beach. Oh, and don't move your car...you are not guaranteed a spot. If you move your car and lose your spot, you have to find somewhere else to park. And the pool is TINY. I would definitely not come back here. If the place had been clean, and if they had changed the sheets on the bed every day, I could have managed with everything else. But to me, cleanliness is key. I don't like being afraid to sleep in the bed! Oh, and the wifi was so slow, it wasn't worth it. And I kept getting kicked off of it.

Room Tip: Supposedly they renovated some of the rooms. Maybe those are better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank LauraMC70
OnceSpringfieldPa, Owner at Ocean Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thanks for your comments. We decided to do a smaller ,free breakfast but improve the quality. We are also expanding the "breakfast hour" to run from 8 to 10 am. We have replaced and upgraded bed sizes for 2013. More details are on our website.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I feel the hotel website gives an accurate representation of the property. This is a late 1800's property where the ghost of it's historic charm can be seen in the many times painted moldings, staircase, door knobs and hardware (unfortunately, painted over). It is probably too cost prohibitive to do a full restoration, so the owners have spiffed everything up with a coat of sage green and cream paint, yards and yards of commercial carpeting, and put an emphasis on budget friendly beach accomodation. For a beach property, things were fairly clean, and it presented as a nice, no frills option to the usual beach motel properties.

However, the spartan bedding we encountered in our room ruined any chance of it working for us. The double beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable. My young children thought so too, and complained steadily. Bring your own pillows, they were thin and unsupportive. We were all vying for the kids pillow pets, they were so thin. None of us are super fussy about beds, we sleep anywhere, but these were MIGHTY uncomfortable.

If the bedding hadn't been so skimpy, it would have worked. We all didn't sleep well and were uncomfortable. I hope the bedding in the other rooms at the hotel are better.

Also, due to the stairs and the small bathroom, this is not the place for a person of size, you won't fit on the toilet in the bathroom as it is side by side to the vanity.

The pluses? A small, refreshing pool (no more than 2 families at a time), 2 blocks from beach and boardwalk, and room price. The lobby area has some new furniture and beach tags are available for free with a deposit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mg3542

Thanks. We took your suggestion and have replaced the majority of the bedding in the hotel. Even replaced full beds with new queen beds with thicker more luxurios padding. Planning on replacing the pillows too before we open for 2013.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed in room 17 for a Friday night in early August 2012. My total with tax was $167. The lobby is charming with a flat screen tv and eating area. Even though I only stayed one night I was able to use a beach tag for a $20 refundable deposit, other hotels require a two or three night stay to use tags. My room and the common areas were clean and maintained.

Even though there are not enough parking spots for all of the rooms there is free street parking available. In this section of OC there is no need to drive.

Some suggestions to owners; instead of cash deposit for beach tag why not just charge card on file if tags are not returned? Secondly; install a door strip on the bottom of the doors that connect rooms. I was woken up by my neighbor's conversation and literally could hear every word he said. Third, I will definitely come to you hotel again but two adults need a queen size bed so I will only stay in a room with a queen unless I'm alone. Lastly, put a lamp in 17; the overhead is too bright to have on right before bed but too dark with it off.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thanks for your suggestions. Over the winter, we have done a number of upgrades including larger bed sizes and better quality bedding. Most rooms now have flat screen TV's. We have reserved the four or five smaller rooms for walkin guests only and have removed them from our online booking system.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The most disgusting hotel I ever stayed in. dirty. moldy. Just horrible. The bathroom had black and brown ALL over the tub shower. Mattresses were horrible. Nothing in room...not even a clock. Hallways were just nasty. Please stay elsewhere if you have kids.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Michelle715

Thank you for your review. I take your comments very seriously. We have replaced a bunch of bedding and upgraded the sizes where possible. We also continue to strive to present a clean and affordable hotel. All rooms receive daily maid service and all hallways and lobby areas are vacuumed daily. None of the rooms have clocks and never will. Alarm clocks are available at the front desk.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago and it was a great stay. I came down with my husband and it was a relaxing get away. The hotel was clean, breakfast was good and the pool was refreshing. The weather was awesome and everyone was extra willing to help you with anything you needed. The wifi connection was an extra bonus so that we could check our e-mails even though it was vacation. I will definetly come back and bring the kids.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your comments. We look forward to seeing you next summer.