“Reasonably priced, clean, historic hotel.”
Review of Ocean Breeze Hotel

Ocean Breeze Hotel
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
“Reasonably priced, clean, historic hotel.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed in room 17 for a Friday night in early August 2012. My total with tax was $167. The lobby is charming with a flat screen tv and eating area. Even though I only stayed one night I was able to use a beach tag for a $20 refundable deposit, other hotels require a two or three night stay to use tags. My room and the common areas were clean and maintained.

Even though there are not enough parking spots for all of the rooms there is free street parking available. In this section of OC there is no need to drive.

Some suggestions to owners; instead of cash deposit for beach tag why not just charge card on file if tags are not returned? Secondly; install a door strip on the bottom of the doors that connect rooms. I was woken up by my neighbor's conversation and literally could hear every word he said. Third, I will definitely come to you hotel again but two adults need a queen size bed so I will only stay in a room with a queen unless I'm alone. Lastly, put a lamp in 17; the overhead is too bright to have on right before bed but too dark with it off.

• Stayed August 2012
OnceSpringfieldPa, Owner at Ocean Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for your suggestions. Over the winter, we have done a number of upgrades including larger bed sizes and better quality bedding. Most rooms now have flat screen TV's. We have reserved the four or five smaller rooms for walkin guests only and have removed them from our online booking system.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Groton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The most disgusting hotel I ever stayed in. dirty. moldy. Just horrible. The bathroom had black and brown ALL over the tub shower. Mattresses were horrible. Nothing in room...not even a clock. Hallways were just nasty. Please stay elsewhere if you have kids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Michelle715
Thank you for your review. I take your comments very seriously. We have replaced a bunch of bedding and upgraded the sizes where possible. We also continue to strive to present a clean and affordable hotel. All rooms receive daily maid service and all hallways and lobby areas are vacuumed daily. None of the rooms have clocks and never will. Alarm clocks are available at the front desk.

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago and it was a great stay. I came down with my husband and it was a relaxing get away. The hotel was clean, breakfast was good and the pool was refreshing. The weather was awesome and everyone was extra willing to help you with anything you needed. The wifi connection was an extra bonus so that we could check our e-mails even though it was vacation. I will definetly come back and bring the kids.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments. We look forward to seeing you next summer.
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Can't beat the price. I was down in June i stayed for 2 days. The staff is great mike was very helpful. The rooms were clean and free breakfast cant beat it over all i would pick this hotel for my next trip who knows when will be

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank bmcf201
Limerick, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great location close to beach and boardwalk plenty of off street parking just added a pool which is nice for those afternoons when you don't want to get sandy again

very reasonable and a friendly knowledgeable staff great for a last minute overnight stay or a week long trip

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank John M
State college, Pa
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Dirty, moldy smelly hotel. Please look at the pictures I took. That is how the bathroom and room looked when we checked in. We don't think they even changed the sheets on the bed. They weren't even tucked in right. We just slept on the covers because we were to scared to take them off and see what was underneath. The tub was black and still hair in it. We tried it after reading the two reviews here. The dirt was clumped on the wall trim lik in the pictures. There is a reason why they always have availability even on holiday weekends when everyone else is booked up. Everything looked old, used and dirty.

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank gmkith
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the ocean breeze hotel in July 2012, I'm already planning to go back in August. I've read many articles on the germiest places in hotels, the one must be an exception, it was so clean, no dust or finger prints. The pool was cool and refreshing and again, not a bug in the pool. The staff person I dealt with most, Andrea, was willing to go above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and happy and she was always smiling and pleasant. Our beds were very comfortable and the walk to the boardwalk and beach was very short. Andrea was able to point is in the direction of some great places in ocean city to go out or to eat at and unlike most hotels, she was American and.spoke perfect English! I can't wait to go back I reccomend the ocean breeze hotel to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank DramaFreeMama
OnceSpringfieldPa, Manager at Ocean Breeze Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We also agree that we have one of the best locations, centrally located close to the beach and boardwalk. The hotel also offers many free amenities, (breakfast, beach tags, pool, parking and changing rooms) moreso than most higher priced hotels.