“Breakfast in the Northend”
Review of Brown's Restaurant

Brown's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 224 Restaurants in Ocean City
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful breakfast at Browns last Saturday. We have been by there hundreds of times before but this was my first time inside. I'll preface this by saying that we had breakfast at 7:30 am on a Saturday morning during one of the last weeks in August. It can get very busy and we have seen lines well down the boardwalk but this morning we walked right in and had our choice of seats. The menu is basic. I had a pork roll egg and cheese sandwich and my wife had the bacon eggs. The food was cooked well. The service was fast and our waitress was attentive. The thing that surprised me the most was the volume of the building inside and the wonderful views outside of the ocean and boardwalk. It was a perfect start to our day and we will definitely be going back again.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Like others say - line up and wait! Cinnamon/sugar the absolute best! It's been a family tradition for years with us. Ride bikes - get the best donuts!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Get there early and line up for the best, fresh hot donuts in the world! The cinnamon/sugar donuts are the best! The white powder sugar is 2nd. There will be 50 people in line by 8 AM. Good breakfast too!

Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

This a restaurant that has changed a lot in the past 20 years. Formerly a little shed of a building, to now a big restaurant situated right on the boardwalk at St. Charles. But we all know, bigger isn't necessarily better. Browns makes great donuts, their trademark for years. But now, and whether it is due to the big building that probably has big taxes or something else, I think the cost relative to what you get is way out of whack now. Their small soda is so small an infant would finish it with ease. Het it is more than a dollar. Things that are common beach fare like hot dogs or pork roll sandwiches are so expensive, you'd think wolfgang puck must have been your chef. As the only vendor on their part of the boardwalk, they have no real competition, and as such, can charge what they want. It's not that its not good, but its like paying steak prices for a hotdog value. My advice would be save your money and pack a lunch.

1  Thank TheSmitter
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Enjoyed a delicious fluffy omelet this morning with well seasoned home fries and of course a cinnamon donut! Or two! :) This place has stood the test of time- lines down the boardwalk for just the donuts takeout! We will definitely return again for breakfast!