“New Favorite”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Delran, New Jersey
“New Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We decided to try Cousin's on our most recent stay in OC, and we weren't disappointed. I called about an hour ahead and asked if reservations were needed. The cheery hostess stated that while there were many tables available at the time, she didn't want us to be waiting if things should change so we made our reservation (it was after Labor Day). From the minute we walked in, we felt like we had known the staff for ages. From the hostess to our waitress, everyone was super friendly. My husband and I shared stuff mushrooms (yummy crab filling), and a large salad bowl (served "family style). I had a salmon special of the evening, while my husband had a pasta and seafood dish. He couldn't stop raving about his. We ended the evening with a shared dessert, an "on the house" key lime pie. The serving sizes were tremendous, and I would have taken a doggie bag if I could have managed it. We stopped to chat with the hostess again on the way out until she had to answer the phone. We enjoyed our meal tremendously and will return.

• Visited September 2012

Northwest, NJ
“Great find on Asbury Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Quant, quiet and quite delicious! Cousins was recommended to us by a local resident. The Italian food is authentic, fresh and plentiful. We all had to take home doggie bags...but not for the dog! We ate outside and it was very pleasant. The hostess and wait staff couldn't have been better. We caught the twilight special, similar to an early bird special, but it applied to all customers between 4:30-5:30. We will be back!

Ocean City, New Jersey
“lost a repeat customer”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

snappy hostess made us wait for 30 minutes for table even though we had reservation and tables were open. then even though we wanted a table inside and they were available, she seated us outside in the dark. we left.

• Visited August 2012
sings7
“Great food, jerseys finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We love Cousins, great Italian and seafood, perfect for a Jersey shore vacation! The colorful cups are cheery, and the is wonderful.

1 Thank sings7
West Deptford NJ
“A must in Ocean City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Visited this restaurant on July 31, 2012. Appearances are deceiving. It looks like your typical shore restaurant but it was anything but. To begin...the service is outstanding. We had reservations for a party of 5. As we approached the restaurant, the hostess met us outside and correctly guessed who we were and asked if we could like to be seated outside since there was a big party going on inside and it was a bit noisy. It was a beautiful night so it was perfect.
We started with the fried calamari. Honestly, it was good but nothing special. The marinara sauce was just ok. I would have preferred more seasoning in the batter, but they were still acceptable. The portions are huge and the one appetizer was more than enought for the 5 of us. They also bring a family style salad with a house dressing which is really tasty.
For the main course,I had a coconut, mango crusted tilapia. I thought it could have been a bit "crispier" but the flavor was outstanding. My wife ordered a chicken and pasta dish, the girls all ordered linguine in clam sauce. I was the only one who managed to finish the entire meal. The others all had enough leftovers for another meal. We all raved about the food. Prices were in the upper teens, low 20's for the entrees.
Ocean City NJ is a dry town and they even prohibit BYO's, but if you are vacationing there, I'm sure you already knew that. This was a great find away from the typical pizza, hamburger, seafood places usually found at the Jersey shore.

• Visited July 2012