“Very Good Italian Food in OCNJ”
Review of Tuscanello's - CLOSED

Tuscanello's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wilmington
“Very Good Italian Food in OCNJ”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Went for an early dinner Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. Wasnt crowded yet since were early. Felt very welcomed from the time we stepped in the place. We ordered pasta with tomato sauce, pasta roma and veal parm. Fried mozzarella and meatball appetizer s were ordered as well. Everything was very good. You will not leave hungry. Meatballs were huge and very good. Our server, Frankie was great. She was warm and friendly and attentive. Would repeat.

Sewell, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy to have you in Ocean City!!!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

First, I would like to say to Tuscanellos, Welcome!! Ocean City needed a restaurant like this!! We own a condo on 43rd and west and we were recently renovating it after Sandy hit. My family and myself were constantly down in Ocean City working on our condo. One sunday, my husband said, I Need Gravy!! For non Italians, this is sauce. We started our search for authentic Italian on the island. We passed by the Homestead Hotel, and we saw a new Italian restaurant. Yes!!! We walked in and we were greeted with a sweet hello and led into the beautiful dining room. We felt like we were in Philadelphia or NYC. Next we were greeted by our waitress, who couldn't have been nicer. We ordered our meals and wow!!, Delicious!! My husband is sooo picky and he gave his meal a thumbs up!! Since our first time at Tuscanellos we have returned 5 times, and tonight we are taking my brother-in-law and sister-in-law to dinner at Tuscanellos. I am skipping lunch today for sure.Can't wait for dinner. Michele Armenti

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mamapajamas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best dining experience”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My daughter and I found Tuscanello's while on vacation in Ocean City New Jersey. We loved everything about this restaurant. Staff is so friendly, Angelo came over and spoke with us and immediately offered us cups of the crab bisque. After hearing how good it was from the waitress we skipped the sample and ordered bowls. Best decision ever. Their crab bisque is better than any I have had. The portions are huge, food is fresh and I don't understand how anyone could say they had a bad experience here. I've been reading some of the reviews and i find them ridiculous. We were so impressed with the prices, quality and amount of food we went back the same week and were thrilled with our choices again. I see someone wrote that there no substitutions but we did order food to go with us and asked for red sauce instead of while and it was not a problem at all. We are over the moon about this restaurant. I was so happy when Angelo recommended the cannoli's. We also ordered some to take home and they were delicious. There was plenty of wait staff to take care of our needs and other diners. I haven't seen the bus boys that another patron referenced to. We have intentions of going back even though we live in Philadelphia for the food. I recommend Tuscanello's 100%, this is home made Italian food, and we loved it.

1 Thank Patty C
“Tuscanello's is THE only worthy Italian Restaurant at the Jersey Shore!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My Mom and I vacationed in OCNJ from 8/31/13 until 9/7/13 and dined at Tuscanello's twice it was THAT amazing. Aside from the stellar (and reasonable prices with BIG portions!) the owner (Angelo of South Philly) and staff were SO welcoming, friendly and attentive. There are NO worthy Italian restaurants down the shore other than the Ravioli House in WW until now. They are new and incredible, we'll be traveling down for dinner on Weekends during the off season because we CANNOT wait a whole year to enjoy again! PLEASE visit and support Tuscanello's - I promise you go once and you'll keep going back! Highlights: Crab Bisque (like - WOW.), their gravy tastes JUST like my Pop Pop's, macaroni cooked to perfection, all Parms, scampi, caprese salad, JUMBO fresh shrimp and magical cannoli's!

NJ
“Very Good Italian meal with great atmosphere.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife, 2yr old son and I ate here tonight during our one week stay in Ocean City. We found the staff friendly and the atmosphere to be authentic. The food was very good. If you are from north jersey or nyc, you wont be blown out of the water. But, if I am comparing this restaurant to other Ocean City restaurants, it is at or near the top of the list so I am giving a 5 star rating mainly as a comparison to the rest of Ocean City where the bar is a bit lower. Again, the staff and atmosphere is terrific---well worth the visit.