“Tied with Mancos”

Prep's Pizzeria
Ranked #32 of 212 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
“Tied with Mancos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

This pizza is a close approximation of Mancos. Or maybe vice versa, Not sure who's been in business longer but as a customer I don't care. I sometimes choose Preps over Mancos. It's that good and Preps rarely has a line. Preps also has hand scooped ice cream on the premises which is nice.

Visited September 2012

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stopped here for a slice with the kids. We started to order water, and the server offered a pitcher for the four of us, which is nice to control the bill, and he didn't make us feel cheap. We had 5 slices and including tip we ate for $20. I added on mushrooms and spinach to my slice, the mushrooms were canned and tasteless, so I would skip anything like odd add-ons. The pizza was good though and the crust was normal crust, not sweet and sugary like some can be, and not greasy. The owner was there working and I thanked her for the good food and service at the counter, and she was cheerful and kind. The staff seemed happy as well, and at the counter we got to watch as fresh pies and strombolis were made. We will definitely eat here again.

• Visited August 2012
eagleville
“Good pizza in Ocean City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Just finished having some plain and pepperoni pizza which was very good. I have been coming to oc for years trying to find a great pie. Preps is worth having again.

NJ
“Delicious pizza, great boardwalk atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Pizza was great--especially enjoyed the white pizza with broccoli and the original. Also enjoyed the chicken caesar salad as an addition to the meal. Place is busy but service was good and we enjoyed ourselves. There is a lot of great boardwalk pizza in OC but Preps is a nice choice for reasonably priced slices. Since it is a little further down the boardwalk you usually have a better chance of getting a table. The ice cream waffles are also unique and the perfect dessert!

• Visited August 2012
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Thumbs way up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband has been obsessed with this pizza since he was a kid in the '80s...so we planned a last minute trip to Ocean City, New Jersey, and he INSISTED that our very first stop was PREP'S. I kind of rolled my eyes with this childish hype, but I went along with it because I do truly LOVE pizza. I just hoped for his sake it was still decent, and that he wasn't merely selectively remembering his love through childhood's taste buds. Turns out that the workers were friendly, the cost was pretty cheap for the beach, AND the pizza was SUPER. As long as you're down with thin crust, crisp on the bottom with a zesty sauce, you should really dig it. I have to say, it really is pretty swell pizza. I don't understand why it doesn't get all the "cool" people going there like some of the other ridiculously talked about pizza joints on the strip. Yeah the other place is super tasty, but I'd say the pizzas are similar. Preps has better sauce, though...

• Visited July 2012