“Eating at The Varsity for four generations.”
Review of Varsity Inn

Varsity Inn
Ranked #13 of 224 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Eating at The Varsity for four generations.”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family has been eating at The Varsity for four generations. Their consistently great food and pleasant service keeps us coming back year after year.

• Visited June 2014

Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Nice breakfast place”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I ate for the first time this past weekend. Have eaten at other breakfast places in Ocean City, but I liked this the best so far. It's your quintessential restaurant at the shore. Open air, small, and pretty tightly packed but very good food. We rode bikes on the boardwalk and then parked our bikes here for breakfast. I had the pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwich on a Kaiser roll. It's a jersey thing. It came with home fried potatoes. Both the sandwich and the potatoes were great and reasonably priced for the shore($5.99).The service was very efficient. I definitely will be eating here again.

• Visited June 2014
Central Pennsylvania
“Best Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We ate here twice on our three night stay.....we love this place. Breakfast is great - do try the cinnamon roll French toast........fabulous!

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great breakfast at a reasonable price...be prepared to wait in the early morning hours, or come by after 10 am for more room. Only downside is street/metered parking.

Visited July 2013
Dunnellon, Florida
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Known for it's Baked NJ Tomato soup shouldn't keep the Varsity Inn from bragging about their fantastic clam chowder. The soup was fantastic, in fact it was better than any I've had anywhere including New England. The restaurant was busy, as it should be, considering friendly staff, prompt service and terrific food.
It didn't dawn on me until after I'd left that this was the old College Restaurant which I visited with my parents more than 50 years ago. Sometimes consistently good is what makes a business truly successful.

• Visited April 2014