“Casual dining near the boardwalk”
Review of Varsity Inn

Varsity Inn
Ranked #12 of 224 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Soup & Sandwich: Baked New Jersey tomato soup with a BLT. The soup is their specialty; and with a sandwich, made a tasty inexpensive lunch. College pennants decorate the walls and rafters.

There are newer reviews for Varsity Inn

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Working down the street we love this place for lunch, especially in the off season (October through May). Service is quick, staff is friendly and food is good. If it's your first time you have to get the tomato soup (or as we like to call it "pizza in a cup"). Good place for breakfast/lunch and best of all it stays open year round. It'll be one of the places I miss as we move our business on-shore.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

on a not so busy Sept morn-2 couples decided to try this place again--luke-warm not so fluffy omelets, no seperate cks and no English Mfn for toast-"we don't substitute!!!" No coffee service after first cup-no check-back after served food-just dropped off check. this had been a traditional stop when in OC-but won't be going back again anytime soon. Sorry, service and quality are more important than tradition, especially at these prices!!

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

The baked tomato soup is awesome. Like french onion with tomato! They only problem is this place closes so early. But love the french toast and soup!! Cool football decor too!

1  Thank jode12
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I like to walk the Ocean CIty Boardwalk and she made the suggestion that we stop at the Varsity Inn for breakfast (we always look for good breakfast food). I lived in this area my whole life and never even thought about the Varsity. Until two weeks ago. THe place is quaint and lively. THe seating hostess was gracious and polite. Our waitress, Brittany, was a very good server. She was knowledgeable about the menu and nothing was too bothersome for her to handle. The breakfast ranked up there with the best of the best places we've been to.
I had the Italian omlette. Loaded with hot sausage and large in size. But the home fries, good home fries (not the trashy hash browns) were covered with bacon and melted cheddar. Wow,
glad I wan't on my diet. The prices there don't require you to mortgage your house either. It was fun cheking out all the college pennants they have hanging. I'll be there alot more now that I know the food is GOOD!