“Disappointed by this OC tradition for us”

Chatterbox Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 224 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Where The Town Meet
“Disappointed by this OC tradition for us”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We visit the Chatterbox for dinner every year on our vacation to OC. I've gone there for as long as I can remember, and it's always been a favorite. We went on our last trip, and were incredibly disappointed. The prices have increased, the selection isn't as varied, and service was pretty poor. I didn't receive the salad that came with my meal; I pointed this out, and they did take $1 off my meal (but $1 off a $17 meal really doesn't make much difference). I received a refill on my drink as they were clearing away my empty dinner dishes. The hostess and cashier were both very friendly. But the server seemed distracted and annoyed. My meal WAS good though - just overpriced and incomplete; portion sizes for the sides left a bit to be desired as well. I only had about 6 spoonfuls of mashed potatoes (which were obviously boxed - how disappointing). I don't know if we'll be back. It will be sad not to go back, but it seems like a waste of our time and money to have a meal there.

Ocean City, New Jersey
“Nice changes”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The renovations after the flood improved the atmosphere. The servers are younger, unfortunately their inexperience was obvious. The menu and food was slightly above average.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JBOC1986
Pennsylvania
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Very disappointing visit. We were excited to stop by for dinner at this Ocean City icon since it is under new ownership and has been remodeled since hurricane Sandy. The setting is pretty but the service was very slow (local teenagers) and unprofessional and the food was pretty bad. The prices are not inexpensive. The food seems like it comes right from the freezer. The sweet potato fries were still frozen, the gravy was from a jar and the chicken fingers were over done. Nothing seems homemade except for the lump crab cakes which were delicious. The potato chips are tossed on the plate right in the little bag! The impression we got was that the place needs to reduce the menu, figure out its identity and then get really good at a few dishes. Otherwise, you might want to go somewhere else.

3 Thank HappyWanderers5
“Don't bother”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Very unprofessional. Don't waste your time or money. There are plenty of friendly places that value their customers and workers. They clearly don't value their workers feelings or performance.

4 Thank Topsyteddybear
Boston, Massachusetts
“don't bother”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

we stopped here for breakfast and oh my...it was not good. My omelet tasted as though they watered down the egg and the home fries were also disappointing as they had a funky flavor I could not put my finger on. It was advertised as being under new management but even so they need reevaluate how they make food. blah!

Visited June 2014