“Good food, noisy place when busy”

Chatterbox Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 215 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: where the town meet
Auburn Twp., OH
“Good food, noisy place when busy”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped here for dinner with our daughter and two grandchildren. The menu was decent and offered stuff for the kids, but not much more than the usual sandwiches, salads and grilled stuff for adults.
The place was packed and a lot of people had just sat down, so it took forever to get our food. Service was slow due to understaffing.
The food was good though. I'd try to go again at a different time of day to avoid the dinner rush.

Ohio
“Ok for sandwiches”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were out walking looking for a place for dinner. This is our first visit to OCNJ and so we are still learning the ropes. It does appear to be hard to find a sit down dinner place. We stopped here. Although they have a dinner menu, it was overpriced and unappealing in selections for the type of place this is. We ordered off the lunch menu - which as I looked around appeared to be what all the tables were doing.

Just fine for sandwiches, salads, good kids meals. I had a ham club which - served with their home made potato chips. It was good. The kids meals were generous portions.

Although the place was packed, our service was pretty good.

• Visited June 2013
“Great little diner-style restaurant in the heart of Ocean City”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Great little place with friendly service. I had a salad and wanted a bunch of modifications. The staff were very helpful and accommodating, and the service was quick and friendly. Kind of on the pricey side ($13 for a grilled chix salad) but it is downtown OC :) Looks like they had great, classic breakfast options - I would def go back!

1 Thank travelingKO
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“Classic Part of Ocean City”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I had last been here 15 years ago. It looks different now as Hurricane Sandy flooded the place in 2012. However it is fully remodeled and open still serving classic American fare. The food is pretty good, but nothing extraordinary. They do however have old fashioned flavored sodas, ice cream, etc. It's also a classic OC fixture. The staff is friendly and attentive, and its location is convenient. Good place to take the family if you want a sit down meal away from the boardwalk.

derwood, md
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I wanted to have lunch here with my spouse who had never been to The Chatterbox. I have fond memories of eating here with my parents as a kid. We both ordered sandwiches which were just OK at best. The sandwich bread was cut thick and the meat was very sparse. I doubt we will rush back here again.