“Great seafood, solid place”

Spadafora's Down East Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 222 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our first visit and we will back. If you're looking for really good seafood with friendly wait service, this is a good bet. I ordered the Lobster Bisque and they served a solid portion. My only negative critique is that they should put a bit more sherry for extra kick. Other than that I was pleased with the large pieces of lobster and flavorful broth. The seafood platter was excellent, especially the scallops, crab cake, and shrimp. My wife ordered the shrimp and scallop dish and loved it. The scallops were especially large. Until someone opens a top - notch 4 star restaurant in Ocean City, this place will remain a favorite.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Spadafora's did not disappoint. We ate there two nights in a row and loved every bite. My husband had the scallops, both times, and they were excellent. I had the specials both nights: Panko-crusted halibut, and stuffed grouper. Now, I never order grouper, but I'm so glad I did. The grouper was arranged around their crab imperial, which was really good. Both the specials were excellent. They were fresh, mild, and wonderfully flavored. The lobster bisque was a little different each night. The first night it was good, but the second night it was wonderful. It seems that the second night the bisque had a hint of sherry, which we didn't notice the first night. The sides were just okay, but the main dish was the star. The restaurant is small and there is a small outdoor "patio." The waitresses appear to be locals and are extremely helpful, beginning from taking your name (You have to wait for a table if you want to sit inside.) to describing the food, to friendly service. Apparently, they take reservations up until 5:00 PM. After that, you have to wait. Both times our wait was less than what we were told. If you want to sit outside, a table is available sooner, for some reason. When we go back to Ocean City, NJ, next year, Spadafora's will be our first dinner stop.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I got there about 8pm on a Thursday night and amazed at the crowd waiting to get a table. Wait wasn't bad and I was seated about 15 minutes later...not too bad a wait. Service was good (except the one runner who brought the bread and iced tea looked confused when I asked for "pink packets" and went to see if they had any but never returned.) Started out with steamed clams that were very tasty (something you can't really get in TX.) Scallops (broiled) looked good and tried them...they were. Amazed at the portion... or maybe they were trying to finish what they had just before closing. Sides were good and everybody around me seemed to be enjoying their food. Stuffed when I was done...no room for dessert. Once again, a great meal. Service was good...waitstaff was running their legs off and very pleasant and friendly. Next time I'm in OC, I'll be back

Reviewed September 10, 2012

A very small, somewhat claustrophobic establishment, with some outdoor seating. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. Broiled entrees were tasty, but the fried seafood had a thick, dark breading that was not very pleasing.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

everythings so fresh and delish - place is small and casual with outdoor seating and good parking - service is fast and friendly