“What are you people standing in line for???”

Spadafora's Down East Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 212 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Chatham NJ
“What are you people standing in line for???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Saw this place and thought it must be a hidden gem - a simple shack, surrounded by 50+ people waiting in line - the kind of place that must have great fresh seafood at rock bottom prices (for which you were sacrificing any semblance of ambiance). We were right about the ambiance, but the food was terrible and it was NOT cheap. About six scallops plopped down with soggy french fries and cold, boiled frozen veggies for $19? And then I had to stop them from taking my plate 3 times so they could rush out and seat a new table of suckers. Avoid at all costs.

Pennsylvania
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

We've eaten here a number of times, always great food. It's just a tiny little place, you wouldn't think the food would be so wonderful! A little pricey, but everything is in OCNJ. Well worth it! My dad say's their scallops are the best he's ever had. I had flounder, and cleaned my plate!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank AprilY
Newark, Delaware
“Good food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We went with 8 people for the early bird special. The place was packed at 4:45 pm. We had reservations so that helped. Everyone in our party felt the food was very good from the soup through dessert. Friendly staff. Pricing and selection of the early bird was very good and reasonable. I would go back again and recommend this to others.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank We-love-to-dine-out
Wilmington, Delaware
“Average food, family friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Nothing special, more like Red Lobster but not a chain. Fish is fresh but sauces are dull.

• Visited July 2011
“Don't Mind the Looks - Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

My Gf and I just visited OC and during our 3 night stay we could not find a decent place to eat until we tried Spadafora's.
The first night I disregarded the restaurant just by judging it from outside but only on our last day I realized that I wasted money in the other restaurants.
We stayed for lunch and we were very suprised with the great service and enjoyed the freshest food in town (we know that because we ordered Shrimp on Wrapp and even though they ran out of shprims, one of the staff members ran to the Fresh Food Market to buy it, it took him just 5 min).
Everyday you will find a different special. Make sure you make a reservation for dinner as it is packed.