“2nd day & 2nd trip”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Our second day in Ocean City and our 2nd trip to the Hula Grill. The Hula chicken is awesome and a great value at $9.50. They include a generous breast of grilled chicken with hula sauce, a nice side salad and 2 scoops of sticky rice. Don't miss this place...it's a hit!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Shortly after arriving in Ocean City I heard about the Hula Grill and how it was a great place to eat. My family and I went and ordered the crab cake platter, coconut shrimp starters, and a bowl of NE clam chowder as well as chicken fingers and fries for our son. I'm pleased to say the chowder was quite good. Our crab cakes, chicken fingers, and shrimp were delivered mere minutes after we ordered. Which begs the question...how long in advance was this food prepared? The crab cakes had been deep fried, yet the interior was pasty and bland. The chicken fingers were barely warm, and rubbery. The shrimp were also deep fried and quite overdone. At one point we considered throwing away our $40 dinner and leaving. If the food wasn't enough of a letdown we had to contend with flies and gnats buzzing around. At one point our server asked "how everything was?" to which I calmly replied "disappointing." She never came back. Please save your money and find somewhere else to eat. You will be glad you did.

2  Thank kvalenta
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I've been trying to come to the Hula grill for a few years, after having it recommended by a surf instructor. It had never worked out due to timing and such, but this year we made it a point to have lunch there. I got the Hawaiian Chicken. It came out very quickly, but didn't have a "fast food" taste. The Hula Teriyaki Sauce was spectacular, and I will be making an order from their website. I will definitely add this to our "must hit restaurants" in Ocean City!

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Every time I visit the boardwalk in Ocean City NJ, I make sure to eat at Hula Grill. It's a small place not easily visible from the beach, but they do have a small sign pointing you in their direction. They have great sauces, my favorites being the salad dressing and Huli Terayaki sauce, that they market so that you can buy them and bring them home with you. The firecracker shrimp and salmon are my favorites.. though I've never had anything there that hasn't been good. They have indoor air-conditioned seating or outside tables. It's going to cost you more than getting a hamburger or mack's pizza, but it's well worth it. Bottom line: you will not find better quality food on OC Boardwalk.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

This place is great. Nice, fresh food on the boardwalk...not easy to find!!! All dinners come with sticky rice and salad. The papaya dressing is delicious. I had the coconut shrimp which came with a nice, tangy orange sauce. Hubby had ahi mango. Delicious as well.

1  Thank rizzo0904