“Pizza great...people skills...”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed December 27, 2012

...not so much. We were here in Ocean City over the Christmas-New Year's holiday week. A Google search turned up Piccini Wood-fired Oven Pizza. They were one of the few pizzerias open, so we selected from the huge menu. When I went to pickup my pizza, I was informed they were a cash-only establishment, and directed to the bank across the street. When I asked if this was on the website, the girl holding my pizza said "yeah, I think so." I checked...it wasn't. The bottom linens that my pizza, which was a thin crust and looked and smelled delicious, was soggy by the time I had run to the ATM, paid for it, and driven back to our apartment. Shame on the management for not teaching its (young) staff better manners.

There are newer reviews for Piccini Wood Fired Brick Oven

Reviewed November 5, 2012

excellent gourmet pizza, good for take out (as atmosphere is pretty casual). Great for summer quick dinners!

1  Thank JAC763
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Piccini's offers delivery service to all area hotels. It's eat-in dining room is small and most of their business appears to be take-out. Their food is Italian, quite good and portions are huge. My wife and I are large eaters but we only buy one entree and share it. Their seafood cioppino is particularly good with large portions of clams, mussels, scallops, jumbo shrimp, and real lump crab in a red sauce over spaghetti. The chicken parmigiano comes complete with two large chicken breasts and ample amounts of pasta. Individual salads are $1.00 more than side salads and are double the size--well worth it. Ocean City is a dry town with no BYOBs so delivery to the hotel provides opportunities to enjoy the food with your favorite beer or wine.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We've been to OCNJ at least a dozen times since 2005. Piccini Old Bay Crab Pizza is the best I have ever had in my life. They hit a grand slam every time. It's never been bad. It's never been ok. It's always been totally awesome!!

The stone baked crust, the oil/garlic base, the perfect blend of cheese, the lump crab meat all sprinkled with Old Bay Crab Seasoning does not get any better!!!

It is so hard for me to contain my excitement when I walk in to get my order. If we come for the day I pick up the crab pizza and eat it on the beach. If we stay for a week we get Crab Pizza twice.

Note that we also ordered other pizzas for my kids and they love it too. Everything they do is yum!

I have no doubt there will be Piccini Old Bay Crab Pizza in heaven!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had three different pizzas here recently...Margarita, White with Spinach, and Pesto pizza. All were great, but the pesto was fantastic!! Pesto sauce, cheese, roasted red peppers and ricotta...YUM! Definitley will get pizza here the next time we are in Ocean City!
The place is small so we did take out. The pizzas were piping hot.