“Excellent Restaurant ”
Review of Kessel's Korner

Kessel's Korner
Ranked #13 of 29 Dessert in Ocean City
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We always enjoy breakfast & lunch at Kessels. Our children will bike at night for ice cream...it reminds me of Happy Days! Great place & excellent food!!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a great little find on the corner of 28th and Asbury in Ocean City, NJ. You're out of the craziness of the center of town.

The place is very small but bright and cute. Lots of white with red accents. There's a counter if you can't find a table.

The menu is limited. I have no problem with that but wanted to mention it. Very simple items...burgers, fries, cheesesteaks, subs / hoagies....that sort of thing.

My husband had a small Italian hoagie which was made exactly as he requested. It was really big enough to split so he took half home (he already knew he wanted ice cream). I have to say it looked really good and I'm not a sub person.

I had pork roll and cheese which is a guilty pleasure. It was outstanding.

My roll was perfect...not some standard hamburger roll you'd get at the grocery store.

We split an order of fries which were cooked to perfection and were HOT!!

We then had ice cream. Bad, I know.

I had a small cone of salted caramel chocolate pretzel (it was a tough choice between that and pumpkin pie) and he had a junior hot fudge sundae (which was pretty big). His only complaint was he could have used more fudge sauce but it looked pretty saucey to me.

I thought the ice cream was pricey but it's probably pretty competitive. Ice cream just seems to be expensive. His sundae and my small cone were nearly 9$. Wow.

Two sandwiches and an order of fries were just over $13 which I thought was pretty reasonable, especially since it was really good.

So if you're looking for some good, simple food in Ocean City and you want to get away from the madhouse that is the center of town and you want to skip the Boardwalk, then head down to Kessler's. I think you'll be pleased.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very "hometown" kind of feel to this place. We went for breakfast on a Sunday morning, waited 5-10 minutes for a table, and had one of the yummiest omelets I've EVER had. Perfect combination of eggs and fillings, cooked just right. Service was quick and friendly. Also, not near the boardwalk so no hassles with parking or having to pay to park! We will definitely go back!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We rolled into town too early to check in, so we went down to Kessel's Korner, on a friend's suggestion. Apparently we weren't the only ones with this idea and we had to wait a while for a table. It was worth the wait, though.

The burgers were cooked well, and the Kessel's Special was particularly good. We had classic diner stuff: burgers, fries, and milkshakes. Everything was prepared well, if served on paper plates. Our service was quick and attentive. It was a bit crowded and there was always a bit of a line, but we did not feel rushed out of there.

We were almost finished when my brother decided to order an ice cream sandwich, after learning they are hand-dipped on two chocolate chip cookies. What they didn't tell us is that the cookies are easily five inches across. Delicious, if a bit much.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our vacation to Ocean City always includes ice cream sundaes. Having not been here for several years, we were disappointed that our favorite, Tory's, was no longer in business. We tried Kessel's Korner hoping it would be our new "go to" ice cream restaurant.

The sundaes were uninspiring. The coffee ice cream in my sundae was full of ice crystals. Yuck! The wait staff was polite, but disinterested.

All in all, a disappointing visit with subpar sundaes.

3  Thank NCdesigndiva