“Expected something better” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Marlton, New Jersey
“Expected something better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

After walking the boardwalk trying to decide where to go for dinner, my boyfriend and I decided to try Ocean City's newest establishment, Botto's. It looked very promising from the outside, so we gave it a try. Inside, it was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly, and the place was busy. I ordered the hamburger sliders and he ordered a cheeseburger. We also got an order of fries and a couple of drinks. They gave us a number and told us we would be called to the counter when it was ready. This is when things started going downhill. It took about 20 minutes for them to prepare our very easy order. Ok, I could live with that. But the worst part was the food itself. The sliders were very, very small and looked like they were slapped together by a 5 year-old. My boyfriend's cheeseburger was okay, but nothing great. The fries were absolutely horrible! They were very soggy and full of grease. How disappointing! Sadly, we will not be returning to Botto's....I had high hopes for them.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Maryland
“Best sausage or meatball sandwich in O.C.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place was another new addition to the O.C. Boardwalk for us. The sausage sandwich is out of this world; the best sandwich I have ever had on the Boardwalk, bar none. Like most Boardwalk places, there is little or no ambiance but service was fast and courteous and the staff is very friendly. We used to go to other Boardwalk locations for cheesesteaks or other sandwiches, but from now it's going to be Botto's! Give them a try! The meatball sandwich is another mouth-watering winner!

Nectarologist
“Excellent food, priced right, in a clean establishment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I love sausage sandwiches so my wife and 3 kids went here for lunch. The variety was great and the tv screen type menu boards made for easy decision making despite the ample choices. We ate there in the restaurant. It was very clean and well air conditioned on a hot August day. Not only was the food excellent (we had sausage, mac and cheese, cheese burger sliders & fries) but it was packaged great too. I would definitely get take from here for that reason as well. The food was hot and fresh. Why have seagulls mall you on the b'walk when you can eat in here and have great food as well. I hope they are here fir the long haul as I look forward to eating here on my next ocean city bust in 2014.

• Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“great boardwalk food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went to Botto's after seeing it has gluten-free options, including fries. My daughter has celiac so eating out is very limited, especially on the boardwalk. We loved the food (especially the hot sausage with broccoli rabe and provolone) and we were so happy with how careful they were to ensure no cross-contamination with gluten products. Thank you Botto's!!!

1 Thank Lynn3
Southern New Jersey
“Premium quality sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have tried the new Botto's on the boardwalk twice now since it opened this summer. Both times we tested different items on the menu with great success. Their sandwiches and sides are delicious! I would rate them up there with the best of the region. I had the Italian roast beef sandwich last night and quickly went back up and ordered a second once I was done the first! Meat was juicy and tender with incredible flavor. Their portions for sides strike me as 'family size' (huge) for the small price they charge you. I definitely DO NOT feel like I am getting gouged to eat a meal which is the way you normally feel trying to get a bite to eat in OC on a summer evening. The place has plenty of fans and a/c running to keep it comfortable on a hot night (like last night was for sure).

This is a definite go-to spot when down on the boards for an evening of fun with the family.