“BONGO MEANS GOOD FOOD AND GOOD SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bongo Cafe & Grille - CLOSED

Bongo Cafe & Grille
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Creative dishes served in an upbeat retro beach setting. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner. Separate vegan menu available. Gluten-free options. Pet friendly outdoor seating, in season.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“BONGO MEANS GOOD FOOD AND GOOD SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Bongo is a fun, relaxing experience. The food was terrific (get the bacon cheeseburger). The atmosphere was relaxing and encouraged good conversation. There is a server you should try to get - Abby. Abby was extremely customer friendly. She made multiple trips to our table, making sure we had full beverages. Her smile made me feel welcome. I'm going back. You will too once you eat there.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
“So you say OCNJ doesn't have a fine food restaurant?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Well you haven't been to Bongo at 11th and Bay Ave. Vegans and gluten free are easily accommodated. They do Bkfst, Lunch and Dinner year round, and imagination lives in that kitchen. Dinner for me is the highlight. How about Garlic hummus with olives and peppers to start? A full set of Mexican entre options are complemented with burgers, Sammie's (make mine seared, rare Ahi Tuna), and specialty pizzas. Large real fruit drinks and typical sodas and teas to drink. Sure you can't have a wine with dinner, but this food is so good it almost doesn't matter (and if it does, order take out and serve with wine at home). Sidewalk dining is a nice option. This is a true foodie restaurant in a town not known for such.

1 Thank Joe H
Aston, Pennsylvania
“Food looked nice, too bad we never got to taste it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Walked in at 7:27 pm on a Thursday night, there was a family of four waiting just inside the front door. There is nowhere to stand inside this place as the tables come right up to the front window. Every time the door open, it slammed into the guy sitting next to it. Anyhow, within a few minutes the family ahead of us was seated and the hostess said she's be right with us. We noticed two tables were cleaned and available (unless they have reservations which I doubt?). The hostess was nowhere to be seen. The waitress eyed us up a few times but we just stood there. After 11 minutes of staring at two available tables with nobody seating us, we left. Better luck next time. There's plenty of places to eat in OC.

Richboro, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish at Bongo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have eaten here a few times for breakfast, and today first time for lunch. All meals were excellent, loved the omelets, herbal teas, and grownup grilled turkey and cheese sandwich. The staff are very friendly and the place is very clean and decorated with a cool shore theme. Love it, will be going back again and again!

1 Thank Mary Pat F
North East, Maryland
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I read about all the great reviews on Bongo Cafe and Grille and wanted to try it. My husband and I ended up eating breakfast, lunch and dinner here! I had the bayside omelet for breakfast -- wish crab imperial, spinach, tomato and gruyere cheese, topped with a fresh avocado and bongo bay sauce. I also had a veggie wrap for lunch which was scrumptious! I told my husband he HAD to have some, so I gave him a wrap and he gave me half of his vegan mushroom rueben..omg!! I couldn't believe it!!SO good!! Then for lunch, I had the Bongo Burger! One of the best burgers I ever had...My husband was hooked on the vegan mushroom rueben so he had that again! The food was fresh and delicious, the staff was friendly and the service by Demarris was exceptional! I also thought that the cost was reasonable. We loved the 60's surfer and beach movie decor also! Very cute!! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Ocean City, NJ.

1 Thank Michele J