The wife and I wanted to experience First Night and First Day in Ocean City. This was our 5th Stay at the Atlantis and we had a great time. Fortunately it was open New Years. We didn't want to stay anywhere else as the Inn is our OC favorite.
We were greeted promptly and warmly by Michael the Manager and Val the Owner. After a brief orientation by Michael (aka quirks of OC,dry town,typical shore town parking issues and breakfast arrangements), we were shown to our suite. #4 Fiorenza. Very comfy and cozy thanks to a gas fireplace,extremely comfortable queen bed and spa shower for two.The spa was great after all the walking in the cold.
First Night has various music and family events to celebrate New Years at several locations including the Boardwalk.The city provides a jitney service to get you around. Clean,safe,fun transportation and Drivers. As OC is a dry town there are no major chain restaurants or liquor stores.Thank God and the Methodists. Casual family dinning only. Most were closed New Years, but we had a really good dinner at Nonna's Trattoria. The OC Restaurant assoc. also provided meals at the High school. But we wanted to avoid the crowds & families there.
After the First Night's events we retired to the Inn's deck to celebrate the New Year and watch the midnight fireworks. Best view in town! We were joined by Michael,Val and several other couples. You'll always meet the nicest folks here. A very enjoyable,casual New Year's eve.
First Day's events included an enjoyable breakfast at the Inn cooked by Val and Michael. The obligatory boardwalk walk with shopping. A 3K run and Polar bear plunge too. Had to sneak a slice at Manco & Manco's on the boardwalk while the Cardiologist or Wife wasn't looking.
OC like most shore towns has it's own flavor and quirks. Try to learn and adapt to them before complaining.You'll have a great time. OC does a great job sponsoring family events throughout the year. The town is well run and clean,even during the summer with the crowds. The cops don't hassle you unless it's re parking or drinking. We have never heard a disparaging word from locals re tourists like other places.
I purposely addressed our overall stay in OC,not just the Inn itself. This in no way diminishes the Inn. There are many wonderful and accurate detailed reviews posted by others. Our 5th stay will attest to those details. As this was not the summer busy season my wife and I had the pleasure to talk at length with Val and Michael. Val and Michael were the perfect hosts and the Inn is a wonderful conduit from which to enjoy this city. Looking forward to visit #6.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted #1 B&B & #1 Luxury Inn at the South Jersey Shore/ Winner of "BEST OF THE BEST" Award, this upscale Inn is Ocean City's newest and most exquisite and luxurious place to stay! Conveniently located right on the Beach block, the Inn offers 12 King/Queen Luxury Suites & 2 Italian Apartment Villas with luxury bedding, upscale amenities, some with Jacuzzi tubs, spa showers, & fireplaces. Full gourmet breakfast, on-site spa services, & rooftop deck with ocean views. Rated by AAA as a 3-Diamond Property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantis Inn Luxury B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Inn Luxury Hotel Ocean City
- Atlantis Inn Luxury Bed And Breakfast