“Relaxing, peaceful, well-appointed inn - close to the beach!”

Atlantis Inn Luxury B&B
Ranked #1 of 20 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Abingdon, Maryland
“Relaxing, peaceful, well-appointed inn - close to the beach!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

As someone who is not a big B&B fan and only stays at 1 favorite Select Registry Inn in MD, my expectations were set very high. Our expectations were met! My husband & I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the Inn this week. My husband proposed on the beach in front of the ferris wheel 11 years ago, so staying at the inn was the perfect destination to celebrate. The entire inn is gorgeous. It is very warm, inviting and decorated with class. The soft music and colors welcomed us as soon as we walked in. We stayed in the Bordeaux which was warm, romantic and cozy. I would highly recommend this room for its amazing bed, furnishings, steam shower & jacuzzi tub. I was a little concerned to find that our room was situated at the top of the stairwell on the 2nd floor and wondered if we would hear all the traffic outside our room, but we did not. We loved being able to control the temp in our room and the overhead fan had a dimmer on it which also easily controlled the temp. The feather duvet was the ultimate of comfort and luxury. The room was a bit tight as the furniture is huge, but that just gave us more excuse to stay in bed :) I read other reviews about the staff being "odd". I did not find this to be the case, but it's possible the assisting staff could be considered odd, as they do not speak clear english (there seemed to be confusion on their part when we checked in and they knocked on our door a day early thinking we were to be checking out) and they were a little awkward, yet very sweet and kind. Val was wonderful and very accommodating. He runs a beautiful inn and seems the type who runs a tight, well organized ship. Breakfast was delicious - the process was slightly confusing as the assisting staff did not explain the selection process very clearly - but the food was indulgent. We had ham and cheese omelets, pancakes, french toast and roasted potatoes. They were so good. The rooftop deck is a wonderful amenity - definitely take advantage of it! We enjoyed sitting on the rooftop with a bottle of wine enjoying the view of the ocean. The bed was one of the most comfortable I'd ever slept in - we slept like babies. It was a very luxurious room and extremely comfortable. We would definitely stay at Atlantis Inn again and would highly recommend it. It's an easy walk to the beach and Rojo's Tacos - a hole-in-the-wall taco joint a block from the inn that surprised us with their delicious tacos! I don't think you'll find a better place to stay in Ocean City!

Room Tip: The Bordeaux was amazing! It's at the top of the stairwell where the floor fridge is located so...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
innonmainmanasquan, Owner at Atlantis Inn Luxury B&B, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your review and business.

We work religiously not so much to acquire "5 Stars" but to make our customers simply enjoy themselves. I am glad we succeeded on your stay. We most recently were awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence for 2012, making the Atlantis Inn the only one with this designation in Ocean City. We thank all of our customers who have reviewed us, and many more who make us a success in progress.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New Paltz, New York, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was my first B&B experience and it was a great one. I know people say the staff are "in your bussiness" but we had our privacy when we wanted it, which was pretty much whenever we were in the room. It's location is fabulous, 1 block to walk to the boardwalk and beach, and just a few blocks to the heart of the town for shopping. The room decor was beautiful. I wished my own bedroom was decorated as nice. The jacuzzi tub for two and spa shower were WONDERFUL perks to this establishment. It was a little pricey for us- but it was our anniversary and we splurged. If we ever went to Ocean City again, I would consider staying here again. Unfortunately for us, we did not realize Ocean City was a "Dry town". We had a great time, but would have been nice to have a tropical drink at a boardwalk bar. You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pearl River, New York, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful experience in Atlantis inn. It was clean!, friendly and informative staff, great location and good food (although we did have to wait for a while getting our food, but i heard it was understaff for that weekend so thats understandable). WIll definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
1 Thank Josh D
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I must say that the recent reviews regarding the service at this facility are totally WRONG! My wife and I recently spent a weekend there and found Val to be extremely accommodating and friendly. The staff for the breakfast was great, they were friendly, efficient and very polite and attentive. This service, coming from a couple of young ladies, deserves a "thank you" and please keep up the excellent work. The accommodations were fantastic and the service was nothing less than great. I am writing this review because I have read the previous reviews and felt that while everybody is entitled to their opinions, the opinions are completely incorrect. This is not a hotel, this is a Bed and Breakfast. The service is better at a bed and breakfast as I have never stayed at a hotel that provided this great of an experience. We will return. This IS the best that Ocean City can offer!

Peapack-Gladstone, New Jersey
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is a great little B&B. Clean, nice, good location, and excellent breakfast!

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We enjoyed everything about Atlantis Inn EXCEPT the service. From the check-in experience to check-out we had very odd service. As someone who works at a business who focuses on customer service first and foremost, it is something that is very important to me and I notice when it is lacking. Why in the world would there be a gold sign next to the front door reading: "Reach Us." (what does that even mean?)...There should be someone waiting to check you in at all times just as at a hotel. THEN, when you call the number the sign gives, no one answers....very bad first experience at the inn.

Then when shown to our room, the inn-keeper seemed extremely unorganized, stressed out, and flustered. Overall, we felt like we got lesser service due to the fact that we were younger and had a groupon. We were also told how expensive it is to run the massage double shower when we were shown our room (this made us almost feel guilty to enjoy it, or as if we didn't pay enough to stay there to justify using it).

We made a "reservation" for 10:00 for breakfast, the inn-keeper told us to NOT be any later than this. So we showed up right on time, and they still didn't have a table ready for us to sit at. Once we sat down, we weren't told what to do, and weren't given menus for 20 minutes. So we assumed we could help oursleves to the yogurt, fruit, cereal, etc. When I opened my yogurt, it smelled, was brownish in color and had an expiration date of Jan, when we were there mid-April! Who doesn't pay attention to this? The girls serving the breakfast were polite, but very drab in personality and service...and one of them was wearing old sweat pants with her button-up dress shirt. Once we finally got our breakfast close to 11:00, my order was incorrect, and when I told the cook that wasn't what I had ordered, he basically told me, "o well, deal with it."

We did not feel that he was pleased to serve us, but that we were more of a nuisance. The positives about the Inn was the roof deck, the actual breakfast was delicious and the cleanliness of the room. All of these positive things were hard to pick out after having such poor service.

Another very odd thing, we could not get the inn-keeper to understand that the two nights we stayed there were a gift from my mom, and that was why PAMELA (my mom) was not there and was not ever coming. He kept asking when Pamela was going to show up...after we had explained it to him several times.....who goes on a romantic getaway with their mother? It was just like he was TOTALLY not in touch with things.

Overall, we would not go back to Atlantis Inn unless the inn-keeper was TOTALLY different, AND we had another groupon...because I wouldn't pay full price to stay here.

Room Tip: We had the "Fiorenza" room, and the pictures online make it look WAY bigger than it is...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tinkerkell777
innonmainmanasquan, Owner at Atlantis Inn Luxury B&B, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thanks for your review and good to know that you enjoyed everything about the Inn but for the odd service, which I disagree with as explained below.

I personally greeted these guests by their first names (maybe called the lady Pamela once by mistake). I interacted with these guests at the roof deck and at breakfasts. With regard to arrival, we are a very busy Inn and cannot afford to station someone to await guests (who generally miss their designated arrival times anyway); staff is better utilized other ways. There is a doorbell to this expansive inn, and no one ever waits more than 3 minutes. But to impatient guests, this may be too long.

We warmly welcome younger, mid-aged and seniors all the time and joke with them - as many reviews confirm. We are rate-blind the moment guests step onto our premises. Reference to the fabulous Spa shower for two is often made jokingly, like in "guests enjoy it so much they cannot move away from it; the spa showers cost more money to run than the jacuzzis." For the life of me, I cannot see this friendly trivia is interpreted to "make guests feel guilty."

With regard to incorrect breakfast order, which was omelet on a croissant, we did miss the croissant and not more than a minute later, we presented her with a side dish of warm croissants. Guest commented then, as she does in this review, that breakfast was delicious. Dress attire for the staff has been addressed following reviewer's comment.

However, we do not believe our service to be odd, at all.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I received a gift certificate to stay at the Atlantis Inn in April and didn't know what to expect. After spending the weekend there, we can't wait to go back! We stayed in the Seville room which was a great room. The pictures on their website of the house and their rooms are true to what the place actually looks like. The house and grounds are beautiful, clean, and well kept. The staff was great; breakfast was even better! Having to pay for breakfast sides such as bacon and sausage is a little ridiculous, but it didn't break the bank. Val (the owner) was very friendly, down to earth, and keeps a great property. The Atlantis Inn is also a short walk to the boardwalk, shops, and restaurants. As Ocean City is a dry town, we headed to Margate for our dinners, which was only a 15 minute ride away. We had a great, relaxing weekend. I will definitely recommend this B&B to others!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for a great review.

I am glad you found the staff great and the breakfast to be even better. You had ordered sides of french toast, sausage and bacon to your Eggs Benedicts. I am sure every eatery would impose a similar charge as we have, especially when it is so clearly stated on the menu.

I hope this clarifies the matter.