“very nice!”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Audubon, New Jersey
“very nice!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our room was Very Clean I would go back. Close to beach/boardwalk. Staff nice. Although u did not use the pool it looked very nice! The other complaint i has was shower pressure was not strong besides that i would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms were spacious and very clean
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary E
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Mary,

We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself at Biscayne Suites recently. It is always good to hear from a happy guest. Please be sure to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The first thing you need to be aware of is that the quality of the rooms varies DRAMATICALLY here, and they don't tell you that. They charge everyone the same price, even if your room happens to have been decorated in the seventies, is covered in mysterious stains, has furniture that is literally falling apart and has an odd odor (as ours did).

That being said, right down the hall, my parents were also staying and they had been given an absolutely lovely room that had obviously recently been refurbished with modern appliances, flat screen tvs, beautiful decor and much higher quality furniture/bedding/drapery, etc. Even the paint was different - in our room shabby hotel off white, in their room a warm yellow with matching decorations and murals. It was actually laughable to me how different the rooms were. I would understand if the rates were different, but to charge both of us nearly 300 dollars per night, while publicizing the pictures of rooms like my parents is practically criminal. When I complained at the front desk, they acknowledged there were rooms of "different styles" because they are privately owned and decorated but said they were booked and could not change ours. Because of this, and because I don't know which rooms are nice and which aren't (and the hotel staff can't be trusted to tell you which is which, so you just have be in the know), I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you really must stay here, ask specific questions about what room you're getting, such as whe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SNB42
Dear Guest

I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay here. Our rooms are individually owned and may have different decor than other rooms but all should be equally satisfying to our guests. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations.

I'd like to think you'd stay with us again in the future. Perhaps you will think differently next time.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family stayed one night in July. We had a one bedroom suite. The bedroom was huge with a nice size flat screen tv in both rooms.The bathroom was very clean. A couple down falls was the rubber mat in the tub. They really should not have that since they aren't very hygienic and quite frankly I didn't want to pull it out and have it lying on the floor. Also the bath towels are like sandpaper. They actually are uncomfortable to dry yourself with. Other than that the property is kept very clean and the rooftop pool is lovely. The location of the hotel is great. Close to beach and boardwalk. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the suites are individually owned so I'm sure it's based on time of availability.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kc2636
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize if the towels were not up to your standards. We'll work on that and hope to have softer towels for you next time.

I look forward to seeing you in the future.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Just got home from a super weekend at Ocean City, NJ. First time we have stayed at Biscayne Suites and we would return. Room was clean and spacious. The staff was very courteous and friendly and more than willing to attend to our needs. It's in a perfect spot in town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Harvlom
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your glowing response.

Our goal is to exceed our guests'

expectations and it appears

that we are heading in that direction.

Thank you for staying at Biscayne Suites.

We look forward to see you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights in July in unit 211. The suite had 2 rooms, 1 king bed in one room & a queen pullout in the other. Nice kitchenette and 1 full bath. There were also 2 TVs & 2 DVD players. The room was clean & spacious. The rooftop pool was nice, as was the deck. Hotel is centrally located to the beach, boardwalk & twin. This was our 2nd stay here & we will return.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Margie M
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We here at Biscayne Suites love to have happy guest. We look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I was there for a family vacation for 5 nights and it was a great week. The hotel is close to the boardwalk (about two blocks) and the location was one of the best parts of staying at Biscayne. The front desk was friendly, maids were friendly and pleasant. The rooftop pool is such a huge bonus. Not to mention the eating/lounge area on the roof is a great place to get a view of ocean city. I got some great photos and enjoyed the best view of fireworks while there. The pool was shut down for a whole day, which was very inconvenient and disappointing. It would have been nice if there were arrangements made for a back up pool location but, I'm not wow sure how that would even work. Overall it was a nice place to stay and we all had so much fun. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here and I do plan to go back soon.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer H
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
It's great to hear that you had such a nice time at Biscayne Suites. I am sorry about the pool but we had an unavoidable maintenance issue and had to close the pool. Insurance regulations do not allow us to have a backup at another property.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and hope that your stay is always pleasant.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

From the website I expected a pretty room that was clean and SAFE. When we got there I found dust and pieces of hair on the nightstands. What looked to be a toothpick laying by the mattress and again... Hair( not mine) on the green blanket on the bed. TV cable was pulling out of the wall in the living room. Walls were dirty and scuffed up, sofa in the living room was super worn and dirty looking. Old Paint can sitting on the water heater in the bathroom. Air conditioner super noisy. We were only staying for 2 nights and the location was great so we slept on a sheet on top of the bed. We could deal, staff seemed nice. However, the co2 alarm went off at 3 a.m. It plugs into the outlet so it certainly wasn't running low on the battery. All the girl did was find us a new one! We left immediately, with our 6 mo old baby. I really feel like they didn't realize the seriousness of the situation. I hope they actually fix it. No apologies, they just let us check out and go home an hour later. Room 211.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Kat756
Melba D, Manager at Biscayne Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry you had a less than satisfying experience. Our front desk clerk should have let you know how seriously we take the safety of our guests. The manager was called immediately and told the agent to put a new monitor in your room. That actually let us know that there were no issues with carbon monoxide and that it was caused by the carbon monoxide detector. Our first line of defense was to make sure that our guests were safe and you were. Unfortunately, we evidently failed to communicate that well to you.

Often times, a bit of dust will cause the alarm to go off. We immediately put in a new monitor to see if there is cause for alarm.

In addition, I am sorry that you had other concerns about cleanliness. That is certainly unusual for us to hear a complaint like that. Normally, our comments are that we are the cleanest place they have visited. Did you let the front desk know that you were dissatisfied with the condition of the room? If so, did housekeeping come and remedy the problem? Please feel free to call Biscayne Suites to discuss this issue. We like to exceed the expectations of our guests and we would like to know how your expectations were handled onsite.