New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
North Bergen, New Jersey
“Close to beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went in the off season, when the prices are great- it was like having a little apartment! Very clean, spacious, and very close to the beach only a block away. I know the prices are high during peak season, but this one will be worth the stay. The only negative would have to be the parking situation, which is under neath the hotel and they are so close together I had to get out first then have my friend pull in or else I wouldn't be able to get out.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelbug317

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Close to the beach and boardwalk (1 1/2 blocks). There is a roof top swiming pool. Rooms are clean and adequate -- nothing fancy but O.K. Staff is friendly and helpful. Good for families. We would go there again.

4 Thank Grandmother6
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family of 4 just returned from Labor Day weekend at the Biscayne. First timers at this hotel. We ususally stay at the Scarborough Inn down the block but not anymore! We really liked this hotel. Many positives and not too many negatives really. Will stay again hopefully!

Postiives:

1. Very clean room. Spacious too.
2. Close to everything - beach and boardwalk and restaurants all walking distance.
3. No bed bugs (I always check.)
4. Kids (ages 11 and 7) did not complain about the pull out couch.
5. Everything in working order in the room.
6, I brought my own toilet paper based on previous reviews - but didn't need to use it. It wasn't so thin as I thought it might me. LOL.
7. The hotel pool was warm and clean and plenty of space. I was impressed!! Kids enjoyed themselves very much. Keep up the good work as cleanliness is noticed! And they provide pool towels which was great!!
8. Two flat screen tvs -- one in the are with the pull out couch area and one in the bedroom.

Very minor negatives:

1. We faced the street side and heard garbage trucks early in the morning.
2. Kinda loud air conditioner when it kicks on during the night.
3. No luggage racks in the room. Needed at least one. I'm sure the hotel can get some as they can't be that expensive. It helps really. I hate putting luggage on the floor.
4. Our room did not have a large flat screen tv on the wall, but our neighbor's room did.

We were very pleased and will consider booking here again as long as the price is right. I liked that they didn't have a 3 night min during a holiday weekend so that will make me look here first in the furture for availability.

4 Thank vacationlover12
Richboro, Pennsylvania, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Yes-it is close to everything; right in the heart of OC, but - - - Take your own toilet paper. Their toilet paper is AWFUL. Stayed in "Presidential Suite" for 3 nights. The 2nd room is NOT a Master Bedroom as they advertise. It's small and crowded. No room to even walk in the room. No place to put luggage. Bureau very small. The living room/kitchen area was nice as was the porch. Room wasn't properly cleaned for us on move-in day; we found gross items under the bureau. The people at the front desk were very nice, but I'm not sure I'd ever go back. It was EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE AND I WAS VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THE AMENITIES.

Room Tip: The 2nd room is only adequate for kids, not adults.
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Alice I
Bucks County, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in a unit here for 2 nites this past weekend. The staff was very attentive and cordial, our unit spotless. Some of the furnishings were in need of replacement and the mattress on the sofabed was worn, so we took the bedspread off the king bed in the master and put it over the sofabed to add some cushion over the springs that could be felt. Units are individually owned and furnished by the owners, but managed (rented, cleaned) by the front desk.
Location was perfect, at 8th & Ocean, 2 short blocks from the boardwalk, just far enough to be quiet, but close enough to be at the beach and amusements with a 5 minute walk. Asbury Ave, the "Main Street" of OC, was also about 2 blocks. We parked our car and walked everywhere while down there. The nightly rate we paid of $259 was actually less expensive than other places with a pool that were rated high for customer satisfaction, and the fact that we needed at least 2 queens (this had queen sleeper in living area and king bed in master), due to my husband being over 6'6". The pool was rooftop with a lower level deck and not too crowded. We would stay here again

Room Tip: floors 23 & 4 would have ocean views if facing front of the building
2 Thank bucksbabe1720
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were planning a last minute trip to Ocean City and having trouble finding something that would accommodate a group of 6. I stumbled upon Biscayne Suites with just one reservation left for this past weekend. The rate was VERY reasonable compared to other locations I was considering and they could accommodate 6 of us, included a kitchen and separate living room.

I have to say I was very nervous that we would arrive and something would go wrong, but everything about this property worked for us. Check-in was a breeze, allowing us in our suite at 1:30 which gave us extra time at the beach. The suite was very clean, up to date, with no musty smell. We felt very safe, staff were very friendly and accommodating. I have to give extra kudos for the great air-conditioning. It was so hot and humid this weekend but so comfortable in the room. Location was ideal, just walk out the front door and go straight 2 blocks until you reached the Boardwalk. We received (6) beach tags without charge, which was a nice touch.

I would return to Biscayne Suites without a second thought. People complain about the parking spaces but that is such a minor thing. The only negative comment would be that the sleeper sofa was not too comfortable (according to the kids) and the toilet paper was the cheapest grade I have ever seen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ajsTucson
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I would never recommend Biscayne Suites! My family and I stayed there and we had an Emergency and had to leave immediately. I made sure we left the room keys and the beach tags on the bureau. I would never steal them! Biscayne Suites charged me $90 for all four badges. I asked them to check with the maid that cleaned the room and they said there was only one badge left behind. This was totally untrue. They held me responsible and did not care about my emergency. This is poor customer service but more importantly I would worry about the cleaning staff coming into a room and stealing from the guests since they stole the badges. One other thing, I had to return to the room as I forgot something but had left all keys in the room. I went to the front desk and told them all keys were in the room and asked if I could have another one. Without even checking my identity, the girl at the desk said no problem and asked me my room number. Shen then gave me an access card. SECURITY IS A PROBLEM! Stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family