“The Apartments at Tahiti Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tahiti Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Tahiti Inn
Ranked #8 of 20 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“The Apartments at Tahiti Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2006

I rented a 2 Bedroom Apartment in September. The Apartment wasn't fancy, but had everything we needed. The kids enjoyed the heated pool. It is very close to the beach and I will be returning.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank sandyinholtwood

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Downingtown, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2005

We stayed here beforee the season started and got a great deal. I think it was only around $40 a night. The room was very basic looking and I could never imagine staying there for the full price that people pay in the summer. I couldn't imagine a family having to all stay in that one room. The bathroom was kind of small and right next to one of the beds. The floor mat in the bathroom was made out of paper. It looks very nice from the street, even kind of exotic with the water fall and rock facade by the front enterance. The room seemed very outdated and we didn't feel safe walking on the floors with our bare feet. I wouldn't say we actually saw dirt on them, but it just felt like one of those old run down motels inside where you don't know what could have gone on in there! I can't say I would stay here again, but it's just not my kind of place. It's okay for college kids or other younger people who are used to living in dorms or dont worry about that kind of stuff.

• Stayed June 2003
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Thomas R
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2005

One of my friends and I stayed at this hotel for a couple days the second week of August. I must say I was a little nervous, making reservations at a shore hotel. Shore hotels don't have the best reputation for being up to date and clean. This hotel proved me wrong. When we checked in, our room was immaculate. The carpet looked fairly new, and the beds were clean and neat. The bathroom and the sink area were spotless. The cleaning crew did a great job.

I felt it was also a very safe hotel. To get into the part of the hotel where the rooms were, you had to use your key to get into a door, which meant only a guest at the hotel would be able to get into where the rooms were. This meant that a stranger off the street could never get near the rooms.

It was half a block away from the boardwalk, right in the middle of all the shops.

For being so clean, safe, and so close to the boardwalk/beach, the price was great. I would recommend this place to anyone and I also would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank Kristin83
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2005

We stayed here in 2004 and are returning in 2005 because the place we think is wonderful we never had a problem..We rent the 2 bedroom apartment which I think is very well taken care of...It is within walking distance of almost everything....I would reccomens this to anyone looking to stay in Ocean City New Jersey.....I always found the Management to be very helpful....My girlfriend came down last year while we were here and liked it so much she also rented an apartment for this summer....I give the Tahiti 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Upstate NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2005

The location is hard to beat, being half a block from the beach and boardwark and $145. Parking was fine for us. It was clean. We did have one large bug, but its to be expected with concrete and pool nearby. They were good about cleaning the room. We did have the problem with not being able to open our shades without the whole pool area seeing us. Pool is smallish for number of people. Surprisingly quiet for being poolside, but then again we leave our fan/ac running to help drown out any noise. We enjoyed what seemed like a somewhat more mellow crowd, maybe due to it being a dry town. People still were enjoying beers they brought with them. You still have to leave $20 deposit for phone, remote, keys and car tag. There are definitely are some things they could do to upgrade the place a bit. The small fridge in the room was handy, but no coffee maker and no coffee served in the lobby. So first thing in the morning we had to walk up to the boardwark just to get some tea and coffee. Luckily there is a restaurant right at the boardwalk. They also need hair dryers in the room and the paper bath mat is ridiculous. Also, a sheer second curtain or half curtain would solve the privacy problem with the windows. I'd stay again, my 85 year old Mom, my two daughters and I, enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank blgdabrams
Levittown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2005

A few friends and I just recently stayed at the Tahiti Inn for three nights. I must say that we were majorly disappointed. When we walked in the main office for check in the manager of the hotel was screaming about some of her employees and complaining about most of them, which i found highly unprofessional. We then proceeded to check in and our room was not ready until a half hour after they told us we could have it. The water fall bridge you walk over out front was completely disgusting and didn't seem like it has been cleaned for years. The pool which was supposed to be heated was freezing cold and there were dead bugs in one of our beds. One of the lights were broken in our room and when they came in to clean the room the next day they didn't replace our towels. We were extremely disgusted the whole time and needless to say we won't be making a return trip there. The only good point....and i mean only....... was that it was very close to the beach and boardwalk. So if you don't mind feeling like you are staying at a campground rather then a hotel the Tahiti Inn is right for you.

• Stayed June 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank ShannonSeaside

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2005

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Tahiti Inn a few times last summer. We wanted to stay at nicer hotels, but they all have that 21 or older age restriction. After some research, we were reccomended to stay at the Tahiti Inn. The price is good, its right on the boardwalk, the rooms are clean. Not many complaints. The rooms are a bit small, along with the pool, but other than that its a great place to stay if no other place will allow you to. You will have to pay a security deposit though, along with the possibility of wearing a wristband the whole time so they know you arent a visitor.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member