“Nice hotel for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tahiti Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Tahiti Inn
Ranked #8 of 20 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Ontario
“Nice hotel for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

We spend five days at the Tahiti Inn in one of their apartment rentals. The until was cleaned and the kitchen had plenty of dishes and utensils so you didn't have to go out and buy any. The location is perfect and we enjoyed the hotel pool every day. We found the office staff courteous and helpful whenever we needed anything. Overall it was a wonderful value for the money.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rooms need some updating.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

I have stayed at Tahiti Inn three summers in a row. I have accepteed the rude front desk and emploees because the location of beach and boards is perfect. However this year i realized i deserve to be a Guest and not treated so rudely. At check in the man was ignorant..,not even somewhat friendly. Then the room smelled...drawers smelled so musty i could not put my clothes in there. As for parking....they are all about making money off the lot they own connected to motel.. They do not have enough motel spots for paying guests because they flip sign that says "motel guest" and allow visitos to park there. I do not recommend this motel to anyone. oh and the pool smelled like urine and we had huge termites in our room. I could keep going and going. I will miss convience of this motel but I will not miss being treated so terrible.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything else but location...lack of parking, smelly room with termites, rude front desk
3 Thank sham0116

Travelers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

After ten plus years staying here, we would not stay anyplace else. Great deal for the money - Location incredible, Real nice pool for non-beach days. Under-cover parking. Owner lives on premises. WE have not had anything but the greatest courtesy by the owner's family. Not a lot of amenities, but check the prices of the other hotels! This is way cheaper!!

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Lack of elevator
1 Thank gmroseWestChester_PA
PHILADELPHIA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2007

My family and I booked a 3-night vacation here. we checked in at 1:10pm and was given room 112, which was overwhelmed by the foul stench of cat urine. I informed the manager and she offered me another room which smelled damp and musty. Her excuse was due to the pool and the stench of cat urine in room 112 was caused by cleaning powder. This is completely unacceptable !!! My 10 year old son is an asthmatic and I decided not to risk his health and the rooms were disgusting. I demanded my money back,she refused and refunded me $329.80 and kept $135.00 as a deposit/cancellation fee, after only being on the property for 45 minutes. I needed to leave due to unhealthy conditions and I should have been fully refunded. what happened at the Tahiti Inn was unacceptable and I wanted to write this review and inform as many people as I can. Do not stay here !!!!!!

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank GMOMYOUNG
Philadelphia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

If you look at their web site for September 3-8, you will see $80 per room max. But when I called on the 8th to book the last room, it was $170. The reason was "it is the last room". The Jersey shore is barely worth $80 off season in my opinion, but to be gouged after advertising another price is unethical. Look for another place.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank MisterBubbie
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2007

I was in Ocean City over Labor Day Weekend for a wedding and stayed at the Tahiti Inn along with about half the other people from the wedding. I grew up in South Jersey and have been to Ocean City on numerous occasions, but this was the first time at the Tahiti Inn. It was the worst hotel I have ever been in (and this includes hostels in Europe and those motels right before you get into Atlantic City). From the start the staff was rude when we checked in. The price of the room was $145 a night. And the room itself hasn't been updated since the place was built. To add insult to injury, when we complained, Mario Gallelli, the owner, told us we weren't welcome there and called the police. The police said there was nothing that was wrong with the guests and that we were permitted to stay. I would recommend that anyone planning a trip to Ocean City find another establishment to stay at.

• Liked — Location to the boardwalk
  • Disliked — The owner and staff.
  • Stayed September 2007
5 Thank GeoffCle
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2007

My husband, one year old son and I stayed 3 nights at the Tahiti Inn. Like many others, we were skeptical when booking this hotel as it didn't receive great reviews and we've never been to Ocean City, NJ before. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not it. However, this hotel was extremely clean and in a great location. The rooms were very plain and not the biggest but served their purpose. The pool was small and sometimes crowded, but only for short times and the pool and deck were very clean. Hotel staff were constantly on the property and available should you need anything. The rooms and grounds of this hotel were spotless. The hotel is literally very few steps to the boardwalk and the beach (it takes about 1 minute to walk there). There were no problems with parking (spaces are tight like any other property). We had a great time and were pleased with our accomodations, including the price!!!!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — no restaurant on site
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family