“Mr.Clean- Clean”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Mr.Clean- Clean”
Reviewed May 2, 2005

We stayed at the Dunes based on the Sept. 2004 review. This place is very very clean. Great location too- ramp to boardwalk is right there. There is a roller coaster across the street. This may be a problem for some people during season. We stayed off season so it was not an issue. I would stay here again. The management let me see the room before we decided to stay. The carpet was clean. If Wild Dunes is kept this clean during season, then 2 thumbs up. For the price, location and cleanliness, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2005

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 20, 2004

We just stayed at the Wild Dunes for a quick one-night getaway with our kids (ages 2 1/2 and 14 months). This hotel was PERFECT. We had a suite (I don't know if all roooms are suites or not). The bedroom had a king-size bed and the sitting room offered a sleeper sofa as well as a full mini kitchenette (frig, stovetop and sink) with all dishes and even a dishwasher! I don't know if the hotel was recently renovated but it was SPOTLESS and very nice. Right next door is a nice little restaurant (Bloom 'N Tupip) and immediately out the front door is the base of the ramp going up to the boardwalk--how convenient! The price was great too!

The ONLY drawbacks I see and this is more with regard to me personally as a person who uses a wheelchair...You have to check in at the Impala Island Inn and there is a short step up to get into their lobby. I had made the reservation in my name and under my credit card but I couldn't get in the lobby to register by myself. That was a bit disheartening as I like to be fully independent. The room, however, I must stress, was very accessible and quite large (although, if you're a stickler--there was no shower seat or handheld shower; only a tub and regular shower head).

The other thing may be a bigger issue in the very busy summer months (we were there on September 15th and the rides are all closed by 10:00 pm)...Our room faced the roller coaster of one of the amusement parks and it was a little loud so if you were trying to sleep, that might be a problem if the rides run late into the night. However, it wasn't excessively loud, considering.

I hope this helps anyone traveling to the Wild Dunes. It really was a very convenient location, it was clean and nice and very roomy, and, overall, it was a great value.

Travelers also viewed these Ocean City hotels
#31 of 32 in Ocean City

Additional Information about Wild Dunes Inn

Property: Wild Dunes Inn
Address: 801 E 10th St, Ocean City, NJ 08226-3507
Location: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Cape May County > Ocean City
Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
#11 Family Hotel in Ocean City
#12 On the Beach Hotel in Ocean City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3 star — Wild Dunes Inn 3*
Imagine spending your vacation in a luxury suite - spacious and completely furnished. Imagine being so close to the warm, inviting sand, the sparkling ocean waters, and the fun-filled boardwalk that they are just steps from your door. Imagine being able to boat and fish, play golf or tennis, swim in a heated pool and luxuriate on a sun-drenched deck. Activities close to our inn include sailing and kayaking, boat rides, jet ski rentals, surfing, bicycling, golf, arcades and a variety of amusement parks. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Wild Dunes Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wild Dunes Hotel Ocean City