“A not to be missed Classic!”

Gillian's Wonderland Pier
Ranked #4 of 45 things to do in Ocean City
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After all these years Wonderland is still the place to go on the OC Boardwalk, rides are great, for the little ones and teens and adults. Took 4 1/2 year old on Log Flume with a teenager and an adult, perfect! Always the Carpusel and it still give out rings, and roller coasters are all awesome!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Well run, very safe, fun place for small children. No bargains but hey it's the shore.
They don't let tickets roll over to next year which stinks.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visited Gillian’s Wonderland Pier for the 2nd summer in a row, and found the same to be true from both visits: The staff is very friendly, it is clean and the rides are in good condition, and we had a blast! It can get very pricey for the older kids, with most of the thrilling rides being 4 -5 tickets; my daughter is almost 5 and big enough, but not to go alone, so double that since she needs someone to ride with her. The little kids rides are usually 2 tickets, and our kids enjoyed both. If you know early in the year that you’re going, look for the ½ price sale at Easter/Memorial Day – it is well worth it! We went through 100 tickets in 1 night! There are also sometimes wristband specials (proceeds can benefit charity) where for $20 you can ride anything during a designated time period. Expect it to be busy, but it’s still a good deal!

Our kids put $1 in a stand alone water shooting pirate game, and it didn’t work. When I went into guest services, I was greeted with a smile, apologized to immediately and given our $2 back, no questions asked. One of the attendants on a ride was nice enough to snap a picture of me with my daughter, and did so happily. The log flume ride takes a picture while you’re dropping, and ours came out great! We stood in line to buy it, and the computer froze (of course!). They had to call a manager to come reboot the system (the attendant had no clue – I’m sure they’re summer help and it doesn’t happen often). They were very apologetic, and I simply took the kids on another ride while my husband waited. For $10, we got the picture emailed to us, so it was nice to have that option and not have to lug it around with us. None of these snafus bothered us in the grand scheme of things. The neighborhood is also very nice – we felt perfectly safe walking back to our car at 11:30 at night.

I didn’t know what to expect with regard to damage from hurricane Sandy back in October 2012, but if any damage did occur, you wouldn’t know it. Everything looked the same as it had the year before. There are plenty of snacks right in Gillian’s (Kohr Brother’s Ice Cream, funnel cakes, hot dogs) as well as a delicious pizza place and an arcade just past them. Bathrooms are on site too, and they were in decent shape considering the # of visitors they get daily. There was glow golf available (out kids were too young) as well.

On our next visit to Ocean City, we will definitely be back to Gillian’s!

1  Thank KalsLoisLane
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good variety of smaller-kid rides and bigger kid rides. Kinda expensive, but if you buy a larger pack of tickets, it's a better deal. There's mid-week specials sometimes for wristbands, etc.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I really wish they would tell/train/manage the ride operators. they REALLY need to pay attention to the ride they are operating and and not the half dressed girls that come talk to them while rides are in motion. The 3 "dudes" at the mouse ride were appalling, AGAIN!!!! I get it. It's a resort town BUT sacrificing safety for a date is NOT OKAY!!!!! I was in that mouse ride with my 11yr old and EACH time we waited due to the conversations YELLED between the operator and the girls. Every time the ride ended we had to wait for the guy, who again was distracted by the girls to notice we were there and then had the nerve to yell at us for not getting out of the cart in time

1  Thank Morty1975