“Excellent Food and Great Service”
Review of 701 Mosaic

701 Mosaic
Ranked #10 of 225 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Herb Allwood and his wife Pamela Womble opened 701 mosaic in August 2008 to present an exciting array of old and new world flavors and showcase their passion for Caribbean and Mediterranean cuisine. They successfully created an upscale, warm and welcoming bistro in what was once an abandoned pizza parlor in Ocean City's North End. The team received a 2008 Beautification Award from the City of Ocean City for their renovation of the property. 701 Mosaic operates seasonally from May to October and looks forward to your next visit.
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

If you are at the shore and looking for some delicious food that has more flare than boardwalk food you must try 701 mosaic. The service here is fantastic and the food is even better, if that's even possible. It's not your typical shore food like pizza or wings, it's better. 701 mosaic is one of my favorite restaurants to go to when I'm at the shore. You have to try the soup here. You may believe that soup is just the beginning to the real meal, but I can honestly say it is the best soup I have ever had. The jerk chicken is also one of my family's all time favorite dishes. Overall 701 mosaic is delicious accommodating and just plain out fabulous.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

How wonderful. A restaurant that serves food that is both tasty and good for you. OC is just loaded with restaurants serving deep-fat fried or over-sauced foods, so this restaurant serving food that is healthy (with interesting and bold seasonings) is much appreciated. It's a rarity.

I enjoyed the jerk chicken (which is spicy but not as hot as I've had it in Jamaica, and appears more steamed so as to render the meat more tender), and my husband had wonderful coconut shrimp. The rice and beans and plantains as sides were just fine. We enjoyed have a pleasant sit-down restaurant in OC that was not just another set of picnic tables. It is a small restaurant, and service was quite attentive. While I was hoping to avoid small children all together, I was very happy to see the owner had crayons and coloring book pages on hand to quiet down the child that arrived! We had a very nice time here.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Our party of two was seated a few minutes late on a Wednesday night with a 7:30 reservation. We had the Mosaic sampler platter to start. Entrees of Jerk Chicken and Crab Cakes. The sampler was a few chicken wings, some calamari, some patties. It was delicious. The Jerk Chicken was pretty spicy! I drank 5 glasses of water to douse the fire in my mouth. Crab cakes were hearty and contained real crab. Service is a bit slow. This was our second time going… we went during our beach stay a few years ago.

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Delicious dinner. Shrimp curry was excellent. Crab cakes were great. Enjoyed conversation with the owner. Chef is from Jamaica. Highly recommended!

1  Thank rosa6988
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

It seems this restaurant lacks a sense of identity. I was not sure what type of food was being offered. It was part Jamaican part American. The Jerk Pork with accompanying rice was lacking the true jerk flavored and heat I was expecting. The rice was stale and half cooked, not eatable. The rest of the family's meals were also off base. Perhaps they had an off night, but I probably won't be back.

1  Thank hugh g