“Like I was in the islands....”
Review of 701 Mosaic

701 Mosaic
Ranked #9 of 215 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Herb Allwood and his wife Pamela Womble opened 701 mosaic in August 2008 to present an exciting array of old and new world flavors and showcase their passion for Caribbean and Mediterranean cuisine. They successfully created an upscale yet warm and welcoming bistro in what was once an abandoned pizza parlor in Ocean City's North End. The team also received a 2008 Beautification Award from the City of Ocean City for their renovation of the property. 701 Mosaic operates seasonally from May to October and looks forward to your next visit.
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Like I was in the islands....”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Ms. Pam, thank you so much for a wonderful experience in your family owned restaurant. Your food was exceptional, especially the jerk shrimp, coconut shrimp and the jerk chicken! Outstanding service by the waitstaff. All in all perfect visit and we WILL be back!

Rick and Laura

Ocean City, New Jersey
“I want to say that they are great”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I really would like to say this place great, but I can't. First the people are very, very nice, customer focused and proud of their restaurant. The menu has a collection of great dishes and all sound good. We order the trio dip, calimari and jerk pork and linguini and clams. The tri dip had pita slivers that were so small I could not dip in dips. The calimari was fresh and had pickled vegetables, but other than the veggies it offer little flavor, I think they need to add some stuff on their flour. The jerk pork had rice and beans, which I like very much. The pork had good jerk seasoning, but is was sliced very thin and dry...very dry. I personally felt that cutting it thicker would help provide a little more juice in the meat, it did seem that the pork was reheated. The linguini and clams looked great, had tons of perfect size clams, but lacked flavor in the broth. The dish was presented with whole wheat pasta which was not mentioned in the menu, fortunately the whole wheat pasta tasted good. I do think that the type of pasta should be mentioned if other than your standard. In a town that has a limited number of real restaurants I wish I could say I would go back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank JCostas
montreal
“Great food and great service!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had the Jerk chicken, which was delicious and spicy! No beer or wine, but service was friendly and efficient.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank manouchka
Virgina
“Something Unique and Special”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Visited 701 Mosaic last night. Family owned restaurant specializing in Caribbean and Jamaican dishes. Most eating places in Ocean City are the typical pizza, cheesesteak, fried seafood arrangement. This place is different.

First of, they accept credit cards which is unusual and convenient. But the real thing is the variety of excellent dishes. We had the jerk Chicken which was he best I've ever had; even better than in our multiple trips to Jamaica. They also have seafood. I tried the whitefish cooked with vegetables which was also very good.

I highly recommend this place and it's even better as there are so few good choices in this town that are unique and special.

1 Thank VETTRAN
Olney, Maryland, United States
“Favorite Place to Eat!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to this restaurant last year, and were determined to revisit it this summer. It was hard to find, but we did - and it was well worth it. The food (we had breakfast) is excellent and plentiful - I had a custom omelet, which comes with fruit, toast and potatotes, and a glass of sorrel - and the service warm and friendly. It's a pleasure to go there. I just wish it were easier to find, so more people would check it out.