“Delicious and unique for OC!”
Review of 701 Mosaic

701 Mosaic
Ranked #5 of 222 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chef Herb Allwood and his wife Pamela Womble opened 701 mosaic in August 2008 to present an exciting array of old and new world flavors and showcase their passion for Caribbean and Mediterranean cuisine. They successfully created an upscale, warm and welcoming bistro in what was once an abandoned pizza parlor in Ocean City's North End. The team received a 2008 Beautification Award from the City of Ocean City for their renovation of the property. 701 Mosaic operates seasonally from May to October and looks forward to your next visit.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I happened to be at the beach with friends over our anniversary and we were looking for a special dinner out to enjoy "good" food. After reading the reviews on Urbanspoon and TripAdvisor, we decided to try it. This was it! Totally unexpected, delicious, quality food for the area! The hostess (wife of the chef) is lovely and welcoming and happily answered any questions we had about the dishes. The chef is from Jamaica, but trained in French and Italian cooking, although I thought the food carried more of a caribbean flavor than anything else. We had the sampler appetizer which came with a variety of vegetable chips - yum. I had the shrimp curry which was VERY good and not too spicy hot for any palate. My husband ordered the special which was a beautiful piece of mahi-mahi with a spinach and mushroom sauce which was delicious, as well. Overall, a great choice for foodies looking for something a bit different in OC.

1  Thank jonrereg

Reviewed July 3, 2013

A tremendous dinner! The Caribbean Jerk-style meals are a wonderful infusion of spices and just enough kick without being overbearing. Beach towns are generally so typical with each restaurant boasting the area's best or freshest or latest catch of the day...try something truly different and exceptional with the fare at 701 Mosaic.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took 6 teenage girls to Mosaic for dinner and they really liked it. We were not fans of the ginger beer and sorrel drink but really liked the food. Some had the salmon - excellent and cooked just right. The whitefish with capers was not a favorite - soggy is the best way to describe it. The whitefish prepared caribbean style was a winner. Crispy outside, nicely done inside with flavorful veggies and sauce. The salads were fresh and well liked as were the fried plantains. The atmosphere was nice, small and fun. Highly recommend this place except for the one dish.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We eat here regularly for both breakfast and dinner and highly recommend for both! Breakfast is American (pancakes, omelets, GOOD coffee) and lovely when the windows are open. Dinner is really good food - I am addicted to the shrimp curry (which, does have heat, but am sure they would tone it down), but others I eat with have other dishes they claim are must haves, and everything always looks great (I have had other things too, like the jerk shrimp on a salad or pasta mosaic - which have all been very good). The owners are really lovely people too who make you feel welcome. I can say this is the best restaurant in Ocean City - maybe because it is a dry island, quality nice dinners have always been lacking, but this is a place to go for a romantic dinner or celebration, or just because you must have the shrimp curry!

3  Thank c18r
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Had a great weekend in Ocean City and this small gem was a major facet! Upon settling in we were greeted with samples of their house made Ginger Beer and Sorrel drink- too sweet for our taste but a nice way to start. Probably great cut with some club soda/selzer! We had the sampler appetizer to start-huge and delicious all the way around (well wings were actually just so so) wonderful chips, patties, calamari. For our main course we went with two Monster salads. (we both made two meals out of them) I had the jerk chicken added to mine and my wife jerk pork. Ultra fresh greens chock filled with candied pecans, dried cranberries & gorganzola.

I'd go back in a heartbeat- actually considered going back the next night, something I don't recall ever doing.

1  Thank RoaminInItaly