This centrally located (one block from the boardwalk) motel has been a staple in Ocean City for decades. Despite its age, however, it's well maintained. Even though the dated architecture cannot be changed, the exterior looks good with management obviously making sure it stays refreshed. The same can be said of the room we occupied - the furnishings appeared relatively new with fresh draperies and paint and wallcoverings. Special kudos to housekeeping for keeping the room very clean with no dust bunnies or other obvious areas of neglect.
But in the same way one cannot expect lots of closet space in old homes, one cannot expect older motels to have all the space of newer ones. The bathroom/shower is extremely small. The microwave sits on the vanity and the small refrig. below it while your clothes hang right next to it. While in very good shape, the furnishings are fairly standard if not somewhat outdated by AAA standards - no armoire with TV as AAA prefers but instead it's mounted on the wall. Suppose these issues are reflective of limited space. Beds were comfy but you cannot run the A/C fan continuously so you are subject to the on-off cycling of the A/C air conditioner all night.
The Good, Bad & the Ugly:
1. Charging for ice (25 cents) is awful; free ice is standard nowadays;
2. Parking is limited and, to say the least, not ideal. You must leave your car keys at the front desk if you park behind someone else;
3. The overall decorating style of the motel is a personal choice but to me appears to be more circa 1970's;
4. Lot of stations on TV;
5. Pool is clean and in great shape - enjoyed by all;
6. Room service is typically not available at most motels but it is here - great idea;
7. Game room available but we didn't try it out;
8. Family friendly - kids everywhere;
9. No continental breakfast - restaurant on-site but did not use.
So . . . . maybe not a slice of heaven in this reviewer's mind but certainly clean, centrally located accommodations. Just don't expect the space and upgraded furniture, fixtures and decor you might see in a Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn, for example. Overall rating is very good vs. average due to its cleanliness.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Forum Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forum Motor Hotel Ocean City
- Forum Hotel Ocean City