“we traveled all over the coast and this was the best place we stayed”
Review of Forum Motor Inn

Forum Motor Inn
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed September 7, 2011

love the staff. motel was very family oriented with good amenities. Not a new place but well kept and very clean

Room Tip: ask for first floor if possible parking could be an issue
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Billijean

Reviewed August 23, 2011

The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly/professional and you can’t beat the location. We had three rooms together, poolside, all identical motel type rooms. They were a decent size with sitting area. Plenty room for luggage. I always love motels/hotels with bathrooms that have separate rooms for sink and toilet/shower. The bathroom overall was somewhat small but easily workable and very clean. There was also a microwave and small fridge.

Noise from the outside was not an issue for us at all. The room looks well maintained as does the entire property. The onsite restaurant is small but does a suitable breakfast and lunch. The pool is a decent size with umbrella tables and plenty of lounge chairs to hang out and read a book. There is also a nice kiddie pool. The pool closes at 6p which eliminates a common source of noise in the evening that we’ve encountered at other motels.

Location is great. The boardwalk was one block east, there is a sizable grocery store a few blocks west. There is a bike rental place directly across the street. Plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance. Your car will probably remain untouched the entire time you are here.

We have been going to Ocean City for years but this was our first stay at the Forum. For our annual 3-generation, family gathering, the Forum did very well. Not a single complaint in the crowd. Nothing but compliments. We’ll be back.

3  Thank w2889nj
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We jus got back from a 2 night 3 day stay at the Forum. The rooms are extremely clean you can smell it as soon as you walk in the door. The front desk staff were friendly not overly but if you needed anything they seemed very accomidating. The pools are nice the baby one be careful though since the bottom on both are the old fashioned rough cement and my 3 year old scratched his knee but only slightly. Housekeeping was immaculate and the cafe downstairs was nice. It can get pricey though for drinks food etc but you will pay that in any resort town. My husband said bed was to firm but the rest of us had no issues. It is in a great location however you hear alot of trash trucks in the morning and trucks in general wizzing by. We had ocean view but we really did not see the ocean more like ocean directional view. There were alot of families there and the ederly that seem like the come back year after year.... It was nice for a quick trip to the shore...

Room Tip: Poolside 2nd and 3rd levels probably less noisy than ocean view.....
2  Thank martsmissus
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Forumn in Ocean City due to the reviews from Trip Advisor. The room was clean..nothing special. I was surprised by the front desk. I had expected them to be very friendly and helpful. They were courteous but not helpful and barely looked up when we passed the desk. I would just give this place an "ok" rating. I was not impressed.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Layla1962
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We arrived Monday afternoon and we not allowed to check in until 2:00pm and had to pay for entire day...$251.00. We were charged for four days. Had to leave the hotel Thursday morning but was charged for the entire day.
The people who checked into the same room we occupied after we left the motel were also charged $251.00 for Thursday. Double billing!!! So the motel made $502.00 for one day, Thursday.

5  Thank vshdst
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Pros:
* Very, very friendly staff
* Clean
* Nice pool area
* Good location
* Reasonably priced ($200/night) in comparison to some of the other motels

Cons:
* Like most motels on the Jersey Shore, this one is in need of a MAJOR face-lift. The room decor and furniture is from the 1970's, bathroom is old, and there are some areas in need of repair
* Bed was a little too firm for my liking and the sheets were cheap (thin)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I couldn't wait to get home to write this review. My girlfriend was flying in from Kentucky and I was making all the plans. Needless to say I was a little nervous, I wanted everything to be perfect. She hasn't been in Ocean City for about 30 years and I wanted her experience to be a good one. The Forum is family owned and operated with great care. It was very clean (that has to be number one for most people, right?), spacious, and well decorated. I have a back problem and the bed was WONDERFUL. We both slept like babies and never heard a noise. We ate breakfast at the 8th Street Cafe, which is right at the hotel. It was always clean, the service was great and it was very reasonable.You could see the pool from most tables which was fun! When we returned to our room after breakfast it was 'made up' and cleaned, every day. They don't waste any time. ...
I could go on forever...just please go there. I can't wait to get back in Sept. with my husband!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends