“Family place to saty”
Review of Ocean Manor Hotel

Ocean Manor Hotel
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been going to Ocean Manor since I was around 11 or so with my family. I now have a 27 year old daughter and family of my own and we are still coming here. Rachelle and her family are wonderful proprietors and I can't think of staying anywhere else. They are like family to us. It is not the Ritz, but it is clean and we love the new balconies and decks.
We have already booked our stay with them for this summer!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SherryH1

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Rachelle is the best, always accommodating. It's a great family place to stay with a great location close to everything. We go every year and always have a great stay. The rooms are inexpensive so don't expect the Trump plaza but they are clean and it's the shoryuck you are not in the room too often and as long as the air conditioner works and the towels are clean it's all good!!! The pool it small but has a good amount of shade so you are not baking in the sun the whole time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank annegilm
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Once again we have stayed at Ocean Manor and had a great time! Just love Rachelle and her family. My husband and I realized that we have been coming to ocean manor for almost 20 years! Hopefully we will be returning to our favorite Ocean City place for the next 20 years to come! Love Rachelle and her family!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, and stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank momchris62
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been going to Ocean Manor since 1998. Rachelle has watched my 2 girls and son grow up and I feel like she is part of the family! The first thing I hear when I check in is " How are you doing, Harry"! Yes, there are newer hotels but nothing as charming as the Manor. I can afford to stay any where I want but would not pick any other location. The rooms are always clean, the maid service excellent, and always enjoy what new item Rachelle has changed from the last
visit. And how about all those new decks???? What a view!!!

Room Tip: All decks have balconies plus a big second floor porches with chairs
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Harry D
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is an older place and therefore not up to the preferences of some folks. However, we have been loyal renters since our first summer in 1995. Rachelle and her staff and family have seen our family grow as we have seen hers do the same. We have shared our highs and lows and she is like a good friend who we see once a year. She always makes sure we are happy with our accomodations. We love our usual room and it's convienient location near the pool, parking, wide front porch, etc. One block from the beach and boardwalk at these reasonable prices...so glad she still has room for us every year!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PaGigi
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have been going to the Ocean Manor before I had children, and 3 kids later it's still where I stay when going to Ocean City. Can't beat the price, especially for the location. Yes, the place is old, but it is charming. If you need a place where everything matches, and the furniture is new and updated, flatscreen tvs, and room service - Ocean Manor isn't for you. If you want a clean, family friendly place close to the beach where you can sleep in a comfortable bed - I choose Ocean Manor. My kids LOVE the pool. It isn't large, but it's always been clean and a refreshing change from the beach. Showers where you can rinse off the sand, and jump in! I'm not looking for luxury when going to the beach with my family, I spend enough money on the boardwalk, it's always been a great value, and I know that there are a lot of people who've been back year after year like we've been.....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Monica K
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The exterior of the main building is new and inviting. The interior is old and quirky, but fun. Narrow staircases, oddly shaped rooms and decor ranging from old beach house to mirrored walls. It's old Ocean City. The owner is delightful and chatty. There's always cold lemon/lime water at the entrance. There's an elevator, a pool and pretty good wifi, altho not in all locations. Coffee pot and micro-wave in the great room. And across the street are the Flanders Hotel (min $250/nite) and the beach and boardwalk. Is it perfect?? No. Is it worth it??? YES!!!!!

Room Tip: try for the rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors with lovely balconies
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo