“Perfect for the price”
Review of Ocean Manor Hotel

Ocean Manor Hotel
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have been going to the Ocean Manor before I had children, and 3 kids later it's still where I stay when going to Ocean City. Can't beat the price, especially for the location. Yes, the place is old, but it is charming. If you need a place where everything matches, and the furniture is new and updated, flatscreen tvs, and room service - Ocean Manor isn't for you. If you want a clean, family friendly place close to the beach where you can sleep in a comfortable bed - I choose Ocean Manor. My kids LOVE the pool. It isn't large, but it's always been clean and a refreshing change from the beach. Showers where you can rinse off the sand, and jump in! I'm not looking for luxury when going to the beach with my family, I spend enough money on the boardwalk, it's always been a great value, and I know that there are a lot of people who've been back year after year like we've been.....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Monica K

Reviewed June 15, 2012

The exterior of the main building is new and inviting. The interior is old and quirky, but fun. Narrow staircases, oddly shaped rooms and decor ranging from old beach house to mirrored walls. It's old Ocean City. The owner is delightful and chatty. There's always cold lemon/lime water at the entrance. There's an elevator, a pool and pretty good wifi, altho not in all locations. Coffee pot and micro-wave in the great room. And across the street are the Flanders Hotel (min $250/nite) and the beach and boardwalk. Is it perfect?? No. Is it worth it??? YES!!!!!

Room Tip: try for the rooms on 2nd and 3rd floors with lovely balconies
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank theflyingcrane
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We were at the hotel from Sunday to Tuesday during the Memorial Day weekend - after reading the other review I wanted to offer my opinion.....we did not hear the fire alarm so not sure about that...our room was clean - not luxury at all, but clean.....we saw no bugs, sheets were fine and the bed was actually very comfortable....we were on the top floor and had a front balcony....fun to be able to see the ocean and hear the waves - I agree it needs some work but if you are looking for a reasonable place with an awesome location I'd recommend it - I'm going again in July so maybe I'll have a different review then - I hope not....staying in a different room.....I felt the owner was extremely nice and friendly -

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Betsy Hay M
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This will be our last trip to Ocean Manor. We stayed in a ground floor room and were overrun with ants on the ceiling, walls, floor, and even the beds. The room smelled so strong of pine-sol I had to keep the window open and the floor didn't dry for 2 days making it slippery as well. I don't expect anything fancy at the beach but this was really bad. The pool filter didn't seem to be working and this was right after it was closed for maintenance.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pbeasley
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Only good thing about this place was it was a block from the Beach. It was rundown, smelled awful, the bathroom was full of mildew and ants. We were told it was remodeled. They put in a new sink, over chipped and broken tile, dented walls. It was a real pit. Cannot believe people would actually take people over like this. They should be ashamed. Pool was NOTtaken care of at all. Place was left in the 60's.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This review is for the 1100 block ocean manor hotel. (They have a few buildings).. This one seemed to be the most up to date from the outside.. however once you get inside you think different!..On the plus side, they do have an elevator, as well as stair access.. a fridge and microwave and direct tv in every room (although most channels were not available).. our room also had a private access deck and a table with 2 chairs on the deck.. inside the room, their was a little tiny bistro type table.. Now for the negatives, the room was dark and dingy... it looked like they had painted on top of paint on top of paint, you get the idea? the blinds were broken in some spots, the windows of our rooms couldnt be open because the screens had holes in them, so if we would have opened them, flies could have gotten in.. and bathroom was tiny and had ants in it on numerous occasions.. also the first night I found an ant on the night stand right next to my head! TV was small and was hard to see from the bed.. as far as the bed goes, it was comfy.. the blankets looked a little scary, but i checked them thoroughly for any types of bugs, and didn't find any.. actually slept good once i got to sleep.. they provide towels, but bring your own because they were so rough it hurt my face! I was glad we had packed our own.. Our room also had a closet and dresser, so plenty of space (we didn't use them) They were supposed to have an ice machine, but it was broken when we went.. also we had a wall unit air conditioner in the room that we stayed in.. it was noisy and looked like it had dirt in it, or maybe it was mold? SCARY! Overall, we had a feeling of what we were getting ourselves in to because we went in the beginning of the season (First week of June 2011) and it was very cheap 89/night plus taxes.. very close to boardwalk, which is what we wanted.. they offer one free parking spot per room... We didn't go in the pool, but it looked very very tiny! We probably wouldn't stay here again, unless it was our last resort.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2010

While this is an older motel, you feel like you are staying in the home of a southern plantation owner. The wide expansive porches with rocking chairs have a view of the beach. It is less than a block to the boardwalk and also has many stores to the right or the left.
We especially loved Michelle, the part owner/ desk clerk. She was so gracious and friendly as we talked with her. She tried to help us with anything we needed. The rooms were very clean and ours was spacious. We had a fridge and a kitchen sink in our room. The only reason I would not reccommend this to a friend is because I want to be able to stay there next year and don't want it filled up when I call!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends