“Long weekend with 3 teens”

Watson's Regency Suites
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Hatboro, PA
“Long weekend with 3 teens”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I just returned from a long weekend in OCNJ. This is the second time that I stayed at Watson's Regency. I took my daughter and 2 friends (all 14). The accommodations were perfect. The girls slept in the two pull-out beds in the living room (1 queen and 1 single) and I took the bedroom. The room was very well-kept with plenty of space for all of us. I especially appreciated the full dining room table. We didn't use it for meals but it provided a perfect place for each of us to keep our stuff for going out (purses, keys, sunblock, etc) without getting the items mixed in with others. The hotel staff was very accommodating. I asked if they knew of dolphin or whale watching tours when I checked in. The woman didn't know of any in OC, but while I was out unloading the car she pulled several brochures from the many available in the lobby. When I came in with my luggage she handed me the pile and said that she found a few tours that I might be interested in. The next day was very gray and rainy and the girls didn't want to go out until dinner time. We asked the housekeeping staff if they would skip our room but told them that we needed 2 extra blankets. The blankets arrived in minutes, still wrapped fresh from the cleaners. The indoor pool and hot tub and invaluable when you have rainy days. The desk staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and directions to the local grocery store. Watson's Regency will be my preferred hotel any time I am planning a trip to OCNJ!

Room Tip: 2nd floor pool-side has an obstructed view of the pool (not attractive) but from the balcony you can...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Suzanne W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stay here a lot when we are in OCNJ. We especially like to go in the Winter for a night because of the indoor pool and hot tub.

Our last visit was a few days ago for 4 nights. The staff is still exceptionally professional, helpful and friendly. The pool area is very clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend asking for a 2nd floor room outside the pool if you have young kids. We did this time and it was so nice to be right at the pool.

The lobby was just redone and is so beautiful and modern. The one problem lies in the guest rooms. I know these are individually owned condos, but they are so hit or miss. Some are really dated. This time around we also had at least 4 light bulbs out in our room and the bedroom door did not lock. The toilet needed a major update too as the handle had to be held down for about 25 seconds to flush. The room my parents were staying in next door was a lot better and much more modern.

I would recommend Watsons to anyone going to down, especially if you aren't going for a week and don't want to commit to a house rental. The indoor pool is such a nice option when it is pouring rain or the sun gets too strong on the Beach.

One last little thing that that really gets me - they need to provide napkins or papertowels in the suites. Since it is a fully stocked kitchen (appliances, utensils, cups, plates and serving/cooking equipment) - it is just weird that they are not provided.

Room Tip: The rooms are individually owned. Therefore, although they are set up similar they can really vary...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alicia K
Willow Grove, PA
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I called to rent a room for the weekend and the woman who answered the phone told me she had to put me on hold to check availability. After 2-3 minutes I lost the connection and called back. The same woman answered and I explained that I was disconnected and she became very rude with me, saying I would have to be put on hold again because she was in the middle of checking someone in and she didn't know how long it would take. I said that was fine. After another few minutes on hold I was disconnected (hung up on I presume) again. My family and I have stayed at the Regency Suites before but will likely not return after given the poor treatment. When we did stay there previously the staff never said hello or even looked up from the desk to greet us or ask how our stay was going. Positives are that the rooms are nice and large and the hotel is close to the beach and boardwalk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank EDandRe
Philadelphia.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was very impressed with customer service at Watson's Regency Suites. The customer service was very accommodating to my family needs. The hotel's location was a block away from the boardwalk and beach . Our room was very spacious and in great condition. It was located on the 5th floor. It didn't have ocean view however my family was able to enjoy beautiful sunset on the balcony.
The suit came with kitchenette ( there was coffee maker but limited coffee and filters so bring your coffee and filters (regular not keurig)..
My family and i have enjoyed our stay and will use this hotel in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank elogin01
Bensalem, PA
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Have been staying here for years and was not surprised to see the high trip advisor rating in their Lobby. Rooms are huge, kitchen and bathroom big, balcony nice and tv has lots if channels. Parking and beach tags included and free papers and coupon books in lobby. Love the hot tub spa and the pool area is large and clean. The room was cleaned in an average way..hairs in shower after I checked in..but before anyone used it...staff somewhat sparse and average. Ignored during check out which pissed me off..the staff is NOT fawning on anyone and they ought to for the cost of the room! Good hotel for singles, couples, and families. Kids are here, but pretty quiet and well mannered! This is not a party time hotel, it is upscale and pretty nice all around. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank msspungen
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The location is excellent....right in between the boardwalk and the main shopping area, Asbury Street. Indoor pool and spa saved us on a rainy day. The pool and spa was perfect during the cool mornings and even better during the cool evenings.Great staff.The whole place is super clean and up to date. We rented our room for the week so we got a room with a Full kitchen. We shopped at Pamelas health food store in Margate and ate Organic, top of the line food made in our own room, all week! The money we spent on Organic, non-GMO food was less than a few average meals out. We will definitely return next year.

Room Tip: some 1st and 2nd floor rooms face indoor pool. Chlorine was less when skylights are open. We had an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took my daughter and 2 of her friends to OC for her birthday the first weekend in May. Nice to have indoor pool since weather outside was cool and windy. Proximity to beach was great. Our suite would have accommodated 6 easily plus unit had additional rollaway in the closet if needed. Mattresses in sofa beds needed upgraded but 3 14 year old girls didn't mind. Having kitchen gave us the flexibility to have meals in unit if we wanted. Since it was an event weekend, we had a later checkout than usual which enabled us to spend more time at the boardwalk and not feel rushed. Unit was a little dated and could stand upgrades but overall nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side face road. Rooms on the south side have access to indoor pool which can get...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends