“Late Winter Visit”

Watson's Regency Suites
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We spent one night at the Watson's Regency Suites in late February. We came to OCNJ to preview a summer rental, and thought we would make a mini-vacation of it. I have passed this place many times in my many stays in OCNJ, and never gave it much thought. It is a great find. Very close to the boardwalk. Room was clean and more spacious than I was expecting. We didn't use the pool, but it sure looked inviting. You are also just steps away from one of the best breakfast places- Augie's Omelette & Waffle House (YUM!). We saved $10 by calling the hotel, rather than booking online. Great stay. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank travelmorein2010

Reviewed February 3, 2012

We have been vacationing in this hotel for almost 10 years, and we are very satisfied. Especially great now that we have two young children. Rooms are excellent, clean, great staff, safe, love the indoor pool (which stays open later than other pools in the area). Nice laundry area, etc....even the parking spots are better than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Lily M
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend in September and it was excellent. Housekeeping had the room immaculately clean from the day we checked in until we left. I've stayed in a lot of different hotels and I have worked in the hotel business so I know an excellent place when I stay in one. The front desk staff was very friendly as was the manager whose name I can't remember...I think it was Kurt? I would definitely stay here for my next trip to Ocean City.

2  Thank OrlandoStudent2012
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Our family of four stayed at Watson's Regency Suites several times. It is an attractive property within 2 blocks of the beach and boardwalk. Condos are spacious and comfortable, well-decorated with a full kitchen complete with lovely dishes, glasses, silverware, pots and pans. Any question or concern is handled immediately and professionally. Extremely well-managed property - fantastic indoor/outdoor pool with showers and jacuzzi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
2  Thank kardeb
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Watson's in September for a week and had a wonderful time. We loved the suite we were in which was like a home away from home.We stayed on the fourth floor and had a suite with a small balcony which let in alot of light. The room was clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was large and clean, and loved having a small kitchen.The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location was also great, just 2 short blocks from the beach and boardwalk. After spending every night walking the boardwalk, we would come back and enjoy the spa and pool until the 10pm closing time. I used to spend all my summers growing up in Ocean City and haven't been back in 15 years, (I live in Florida). Coming back and staying at the Watson was like being home again. I would recomend it to anyone who wants to stay in Ocean City.

2  Thank FLmom33904
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Our family travels to Ocean City every year. We always choose the Watson's. There are six of us so finding somewhere that can accomodate all of us can be tricky and pricy. We have found this to be the most affordable option for our family. It is a 2 minute walk to the beach and the rooms are spacious. Although the rooms are in dire need of updating we find them to be very clean and suit our needs just fine. The indoor pool is especially nice for rainy days and the staff in always welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank DREAMEN.FOOL
Reviewed September 14, 2011

My family and I have been to Watson's a number of times over the years, most recently in Aug 2011 (cut short by Hurricane Irene!). I even recommended it to a friend who went for the first time last month and enjoyed it completely. The rooms are very comfortably sized (we are a family of 4) and while you can find the occasional Skittle under a couch cushion anywhere, I am a bit picky but found the kitchen & bath areas to be quite clean. Daily maid service did a good job with vacuuming every day and keeping us well stocked on fresh towels.

I love the location as we rarely if ever use the car when we're there. It's a short block and a half walk to the boardwalk & beach and not a big deal to go back to the room if you're at the beach and realize you've forgotten something. The only thing I am not fond of is the fact that there is no outdoor pool, only an indoor one. I am not crazy about the indoor pool as I find the water to not look especially inviting. I wish they had the room for an outdoor pool so there would be some place other than the beach to relax in the sun.

Overall, Watson's is a great place with friendly, attentive staff. If we decide to return to Ocean City, we will be at Watson's.

Room Tip: 4th and 5th floors are best to avoid busy 2nd floor pool area (and 3rd floor mezzanine).
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
#7 of 31 in Ocean City
Ocean Breeze Hotel
Ocean Breeze Hotel
#28 of 31 in Ocean City

Been to Watson's Regency Suites? Share your experiences!