“Great Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I just spent the weekend at Watson's and stayed in Room 220. It had just been all re-done and was beautiful!!! This unit is a perfect location as it is at the back of the building which makes it quiet and its balcony is outside facing the ocean. It was really nice to sit outside on the deck and enjoy our breakfast. I along with my sister -in-law and our daughters were down to enjoy the Spring Block Party. Watson's is the perfect location to do everything without ever having to get in your car. And then to end the day with a relaxing time in the hot tub to soothe our aching feet from all our walking was wonderful!!!

Room Tip: Room 220 quite/outside balcony
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ruthster50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We stayed in unit 318 , definitely try to get a 3rd floor unit overlooking the pool and spa if you have children or teenagers that can be at the pool alone or maybe with an older sibling . I spent a lot of time on the balcony watching my children and grandchildren . You are only 1 flight up ,and 318 was the closest to the fire exit which you can take down to the pool in a shot , great for the kids coming back from the pool also . I wanted to do a few winter weekends also , since the kids loved the pool so much . It is glass enclosed so you actually have the feeling of being outside . The unit had everything including a stereo w/cd player , 2 tvs , DVD players and an entire drawer full of children's tapes along w/2 VHS players . You'll absolutely love this place if you run into bad weather . The best pizza in OC is Mack and Manco and their all year store is right down the block on the boardwalk and they will deliver their pizza right to you're unit in about 15 min. even on a Fri. or Sat. night. I will definitely be booking this unit again this year. 4TH and 5th flr. are considered premium and are no bigger for the money and if you have kids. ( to far from the pool )

Room Tip: 3rd floor w/balcony overlookig the pool .
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We recently spent a couple of days at The Watson's Regency Suites in early May. The accomodations were very nice. The suite was large and nicely decorated. We had 2 flat screen TVs, each with DVD player (one in living room and one in the bedroom). Our room was very clean and neat. The staff was friendly and courteous. The indoor pool is an added plus and is why we chose Watson's for our 'off-season' mini-getaway.. The weather was great, all the stores and restaurants on the boardwalk were open and the crowds were minimal. We will definitely visit Watson's again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I just spent a fabulous weekend at Watsons with my family. It is a sleek, modern hotel that is well maintained. We've been coming here the past five years and the level of excellence is always the same. First, each hotel room suite has a full kitchen and dining room. We can dine comfortably in the suite without having to go out for every meal. Given there are five of us, that's saving a lot of money. Something unique at Watsons- indoor pool. I can't tell you how important that is when it rains down here. The location is perfect on 9th st, more importantly one block from the boardwalk and beach with no streets to cross. Finally, I love the huge suites- we don't feel like jammed tight. We love Ocean City and there is only one place to stay with your family - Watsons.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We stayed at Watson's and loved it A++++ service and accom. very clean and close to everything, we had a bad weather day, no problem they had an indoor pool for the children not to mention the A.C. views from our room.

Room Tip: A+++ all the way
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Bensalem
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I stayed at Watson's Regency Suites for the first time for our vacation in August 2010 for 1 week and it was a very enjoyable time. Watson's accomodations were great with 2 kids. I absolutely loved having housekeeping everyday so that I could enjoy my vacation. One day it rained and it was great to have an indoor pool so that the kids had something to do and they did enjoy the pool all day ( in and out). Having a kitchen also helped with kids. The entire staff was very accomodating to whatever I asked of them. I absolute loved the boardwalk, it was perfect and very family oriented. I would highly recommed Watson's Regency Suites to all my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Clifton Heights, Pa.
Reviewed March 16, 2011

My husband and I first stayed at Watson's Regency Suites for two days in December and had a wonderful time. The accommodations were terrific. The setup of the suite was very warm, inviting and provided everything you would need for a two night getaway. The location was central to a beautiful little breakfast restaurant (Augie's) across the street, the boardwalk/beach a block away and many terrific places to grab a dinner or late night sandwich within walking distance. The best part of our stay in December was the friendliness and remarkable customer service at the front desk. The girls were wonderful in not only suggesting places to go, but offering to make phone calls to see which was open, etc. We returned to Watson's this past weekend. We again experienced wonderful customer service and friendliness, the accommodations were again warm and inviting. Late the first evening of our stay we received a phone call which required my husband and I to leave to attend to a family emergency. When I went to the front desk to let them know I was met with compassion, caring and a woman who truly cared about, what I felt like, our family. I want to thank the staff at Watson's for their tremendous efforts.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
jenbjkr4, Guest Relations Manager at Watson's Regency Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2011
I am glad to hear of your enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again soon! Hope all was well with your family emergency. Have a great weekend.