As promised the Scarborough's new owners Steve and Brandi Cisari I will give my thoughts on our latest [June, 2014] visit. First let me say that you could not find two nicer owners. The Scarborough inn is in good hands after long time owners Carol and Gus Bruno sold it to them last April. This being their first season we hoped that they would stay the course so to speak and keep what made the Inn so special to so many people in years past intact. Changes at least in this first year are few. You no longer have to leave a deposit for the beach tags and collect at checkout, a plus, also there seems to be two waffle makers set up in the dining room. To set the record straight to call the place a B&B is a bit of a stretch, its more of an inn with over twenty rooms on three floors. If you are looking for a place with only a few rooms go somewhere else. Our room number 15 on the second floor was very clean and that goes for the bathroom too. There were the usual guest toiletries, plenty of hot water and plenty of towels, though one could of used a bigger towel rack. Our room was made up every day and when I requested a second chair it was provided that afternoon an exact match. The odd numbered room face the north side of the inn and overlook a nice free parking lot and a condo type apt. units. I choose this side after having rooms on the south side of the building which faces another Inn. Not much sun on that side and looking out to some other persons window might not be one choice. Plenty of sun in our north facing room in the morning. A minor note, the rooms as pictured may not be exactly furnished in real life when you enter there may be some minor changes. The breakfast's were just ok, not unacceptable, but nothing special to write home about. You won't go out hungry but you won't take a picture of it either. One thing that was missing was there was no menu display outside the dining room like the other owners had this would be a nice touch. There is a porch outside where you can eat if you like. The wait staff was always smiles and very friendly. One area that was somewhat disappointing was the afternoon snacks, the Bruno's did better. The Scarborough Inn is very nice to stay you won't go wrong. The minuses are really very minor over all. Only two blocks from the beach around the corner from a large bike rental, within walking distance of shops and food places. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an Ocean City, NJ vacation haven that artfully combines appealing vintage charm with plentiful modern amenities.*Individually Decorated Rooms with Private Baths & Signature Toiletries*Complimentary WiFi, Beach Tags & Bathhouse, free Parking on premise*Breakfast & Afternoon Refreshments feature fresh, local ingredients*Please note, breakfast may not be included w/ all reservations; call Inn directly for details. Easy walking distance to Beach, Boardwalk, Restaurants, Shopping & Recreation. Travel to Atlantic City or Cape May easily ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Scarborough Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scarborough Hotel Ocean City
- Scarborough Inn Bed And Breakfast