“Not as good as it used to be! :(”
Review of OC Surf Cafe

OC Surf Cafe
Ranked #1 of 224 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Heading back to the beach this summer, we stopped at Surf Cafe for brunch once again! Sadly, the food quality seems to have gone down this year. We ordered the crab omelet and the crab had an odd smell. The po boy sandwich had just 3-4 shrimp that were not cooked well. Far more lettuce and tomatoes than shrimp! Remoulade sauce tasted like mayo and ketchup mixed together. Kids' pancakes seemed like the Eggo frozen pancakes. When I told the waitress the shrimp in the po boy wasn't cooked properly, she said 'okay!' And left. No apology, offer to change the dish or anything. With all the options in OC, there's no need to go back to Surf Cafe and risk bad food. Very disappointing since we looked forward to eating here in the summer.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good food and good service. The waitress was quick with the orders and the atmosphere was great. We recommend this for a good breakfast.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Some places change and some places stay the same and some places get better, well this is the latter. The service ,the food everything is top notch even the decor. Chicken that you won't be sorry!

1  Thank EaglesMom
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My whole family (of six) enjoyed a Father's Day breakfast at the OC Surf Cafe. I had the oddly-named Nose Rider (eggs, toast, and bacon platter), and, as I told the waitress, it was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had.

1  Thank leroybrownisbad
Reviewed May 30, 2014

After riding the OC bridge, my wife, two daughters, and I were starving! It was Memorial Day (Monday) and seems that we had just missed the breakfast rush. We were happily greeted by staff and were told we would be seated in a few minutes. The restaurant has a fun and bright surf style.

We were so hungry that we couldn't decide on what to order...so much to choose from. My daughters (ages 13 & 10 are not very big eaters) ordered waffles and french toast and finished every morsel (and their sides of bacon). My wife had the garden omelet and I had the "OC Local"; everything was perfect! We will definitely be back!!

What really impressed my family the most was how everyone that entered the restaurant was greeted with a pleasant smile and a fun/happy attitude...not only by the hostess, but by the servers. Who wouldn't want to go to a nice place like this all of the time?

2  Thank NJBeachbummz