“Excellent food with an absolutely beautiful bar where the service is always wonderful. Five star without being stuffy”
Review of Piccola Italia

Piccola Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccola Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Ocean
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oakhurst, NJ
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I love this restaurant. You can't beat the food service or atmosphere. It's the perfect combination. If you're lucky enough to go there on an evening where they have Cream of Porcini Mushroom Soup on the menu you must not miss it!!!

1 Thank bradroxi

Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Outstanding Food”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Piccola Italia is a superb restaurant in every way. The food is sublime, the service outstanding and the ambiance lovely. I have been there dozens of times over the years, and have never had a poor meal. It started as a take-out deli many years ago and has evolved into the fine restaurant it is today. It is perfect for a dinner for two, and we have catered parties for 30 - 40 there as well. We were there on New Year's Eve 2012 with a party of 12. Very often, a restaurant disappoints on holidays. Not so with this one. The food and service were every bit as good as other times and the price-fixe meal left everyone satisfied in every way. Their wine list is extensive with selections for every budget. Located in a smallish shopping center in Ocean Township, NJ, it is a destination place for anyone looking for a special place with food to meet the most diverse diners. Heartily recommend.

• Visited January 2012
San Diego, California
“Delightful Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This is a terrific place. The server (at the bar) was a charming young woman, who actually knew her stuff. The place was warm and welcoming, the food creative and delicious. (For example, my appetizer was a salad with homemade soft cheese.) I give it the highest recommendations.

Visited November 2011
Wayside, New Jersey
“Oustanding Food and Service!”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Friends and I have been dining at Piccolo for many years and have never been disappointed. Chef Brian is amazingly creative and his executions are as outstanding as his ideas. He offers wine tasting events and special dinners that are really wonderful and periodically changes the menu to offer new creations. The service is as good as the food. A friend and I spent three hours there a few weeks ago. We informed the waiter we were not in any rush, and he spaced out our courses beautifully. We got so absorbed in our conversation that we had no idea how long we had been there until he diffidently came and asked us if he could bring us the check. It was 10:00 PM and the restaurant closed at 9:30! Needless to say, he got a big tip. Don't miss it!

• Visited December 2011
Ocean, New Jersey
“Delicious! You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My family and I have been to Piccola Italia several times, and I've had them cater our private parties; I have yet to be disappointed. Chef Brian and his staff has always exceeded our expectations. My husband and I like to share the cowboy steak, and the scallops are my other favorite, but every dish is a work of art. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and the food is out of this world - what more could you ask for?! When asked to recommend a good restaurant, I always suggest Piccola Italia and everyone from my closest friends to my hairdresser have come back raving about the food. If you enjoy wine, they have an extensive wine list and the wait staff is good at pairing a selection for you.

• Visited September 2011