“Very Enjoyable Diner!”

Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Oakland
Yorktown Heights
“Very Enjoyable Diner!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have been working in Oakland for the past 15 years and haven't been to the Oakland Dinner for the past five. What a mistake! While traveling home to NY state late Saturday night we were looking for a place to get a late night bite. As we were nearing Oakland I was hoping to find an open spot. The Oakland Diner was still open and the staff at almost 12:30 am couldn't have been more pleasant. The Diner was clean and inviting with funky painted murals on the walls and a 50's sort of motif. This late I was hoping for anything edible. What I received was fantastic! The clam chowder was perfect (and hot the way I love it) home made with big chunks of fresh clams and potatoes. We ordered burger platters and cheese steaks. Burgers are made fresh twice a day and you can tell. Cooked to perfection with all the fixings and excellent fries. The cheese steak was very authentic and even at that late an hour the coffee fresh! The menu looks interesting and the prices seemed in line with others in the area.
Sometimes a restaurant not only exceeds expectations but you walk out and say to yourself "I need to eat hear again!". I need to eat here again, and soon!

• Visited September 2013

West Milford, New Jersey
“great diner”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Been going here for years...great diner and great service. The prices have gotten out of control so we dont go there as often. But the food is very good.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Very good diner -- one of the best in the area!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

While I am not a big diner fan, sometimes they are just what you need, want, etc. I think most diners are fair at best, typical and kind of ordinary.

This is a very good diner -- I've had all three meals here -- and it's always very good. I highly recommend this diner. If you are in the area and need a diner, go out of your way, travel farther, and go here.

High quality food and ingredients, very good preparation and execution, very good service, and more -- and it all leads to a very good meal. This is one of the best diners in the area, and I've been to many/most. This one is one of the top ones.

• Visited August 2013
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Very good food & reliable service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I visit the Oakland Diner about once a month or so, as it is in my general neighborhood. The service is always prompt, the food is always good. The menu has lots and lots of choices. Portions are a little big for my personal taste, but on the flipside, that makes it a great value. I am also a fan of the 50s/60s decor of this diner - it is very unique as compared to other diners in the area. If you live in the area or are just stopping by for a visit, I definitely recommend giving the Oakland Diner a try!

• Visited July 2013