“Average hibachi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My friends and I went here for a holiday lunch. The atmosphere was very nice with the koi pond. I had the chicken hibachi. The clear soup arrived luke warm as was the chicken. The chicken could have used more seasoning.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband and I are both huge fans of sushi, and since we love to cook, IF we do treat ourselves to dinner, we go out for sushi. Since we live nearby, it's pretty safe to say, that we have tried many Japanese/sushi restaurants in the area and this place is one of our favorites. The sushi is always very fresh and delicious, and the service is great. We love to sit by the coy pond and enjoy looking at the fish while eating. I plan on returning many times in the future and would recomend Takara to anyone.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

A friend and I dined here on a Thursday evening. The inside is beautiful! The decor makes you feel like you are in a Japanese garden. The food is amazing. We each had a cocktail and shared a sushi appetizer (super fresh!), We ordered the hibachi for 2 which included soup, salad, and entree of rice, lo mein, vegetables, and chicken, steak, scallops, and shrimp. It was so delicious! I brought the leftovers home to my husband who raved about it, and now he can't wait to go to try to sushi!
The service was attentive, but a little rushed. The entrees were delivered before we finished the sushi appetizer. Overall, not a big deal. Great place, wish I discovered it sooner! .

Reviewed April 8, 2011

We had dinner last night and decided this was now our favorite - go to sushi place in the area. We've tried many and love sushi but Takara provides the best - freshness and beautiful presentation to every type of dish. We had the pepper tuna which was gorgeous and the best ever sampled anywhere. I had sushi and my husband had habachi steak and scallops. Both we well prepared with a little somehting that made them stand out from all the other sushi and hibachi places. We started coming here because a friend recommended it and hope this place prospers for a long time.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

We have been going to Takara for quite a few years now and you will not find fresher sushi in Central, NJ. We have tried others for convenience since we now live 30 minutes from Takara, but each time, we find ourselves going back again and again. The food is very good each time we have tried it, but the sushi is amazing! Our newest favorite - the sashimi specialty roll!!!

Been to Takara? Share your experiences!