“Overall disappointing and unprofessional.”
Review of Michaels Pastaria

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Michaels Pastaria
Ranked #29 of 78 Restaurants in Nutley
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to dinner at Michaels for a special occasion with a group of people. Everything was terrible. Nevermind having to wait an extended period of time for everything; to be seated for our reservation, to order appetizers, to order our entrees, everyone was dissatisfied with their meals. How do you mess up spaghetti aglio olio? Among other meals that were not tasty, some of the meals were questionable in the freshness. Since it was almost three hours after our reservation and everyone was still hungry we opted to not stay for dessert. Having been a good customer for quite sometime and had been getting progressively dissatisfied with the quality of the food, I thought that the owner would appreciate constructive criticism from a long-time customer. We first spoke to a 20 year old manager who, in his vast experience, spoke to us with food in this mouth. He then sent the owner over to our table. We didn't want anything for free, just some acknowledgement of our poor experience. Instead of apogolozing for ruining our occasion, we were greeted with a rude, pompous, and scarcastic owner. We paid the bill and left after being scolded by the owner, and we will not be revisiting this poorly run establishment or ordering take out.

1  Thank NutleyEater

Reviewed March 4, 2013

In a town that is known for great pizza, Michaels shines above them all ! Very tasty crust, sauce and cheese! Their chicken pastina soup is also delicious. My Italian mother also said that it is the best soup she has had in years. The interior has a nice brick finish and I feel like I am at home when I am there. If you have the pleasure of speaking to Nick, Nick Jr. , Michael or Irma, pleas do ! It is a family establishment and you get that feel if you ever have the opportunity to speak with any of them. Also, the Grandma Irma Thin Crust Sicilian is to die for :) I have used them for catering and have received many compliments on the quality of the food. My favorite dish is the Chicken Michael ! I wish they would tell me how they prepare it !! :o) The best description of that plate is simply just WOW ! It is a BYOB establishment with all the comforts of home. Highly recommended !!

1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I love this place. It is a casual restaurant that is BYOB. My wife and I go here all the time. I highly recommend the calamari, as well as any of the pasta dishes. I have tried just about them all. I have rented Michael's for special occasions and they have met or exceeded all my expectations.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pizzia is okay... Sause is very heavy... I just can not recommend this place... Service is weak... BYO...

1  Thank cmv908
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Outstanding food, great atmosphere and friendly staff. This place is in an area where there are good places to eat on every corner. However, they stand out above all of them. The chicken savoy is absolutely delicious as are the thin pizza pies.