“Upscale Italian Food In A Casual Setting”
Review of Mamma Vittoria

Mamma Vittoria
Ranked #14 of 78 Restaurants in Nutley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Let me begin by saying that this restaurant's name has been misspelled by TripAdvisor. By the time that you read this, they may have corrected the spelling; if not, the correct spelling is MAMMA Vittoria (note two m's in Mamma). That is the way they spell it on their sign and on their website.

Now that I have taken care of that detail, I can tell you that I found Mamma Vittoria's to be a pleasant and relaxing escape from the hectic shopping area that surrounds them in downtown Nutley.

We ate here on a blistering hot day in the summer, and it was very comfortable inside. The decor is tasteful and low-key, while keeping the ambience of old Italy. The room that we were seated in has large windows, which gives the place an open and airy feeling.

I ordered the chicken francaise, which is a simple dish, but difficult to cook perfectly. I order this dish very often when dining out, and Mamma Vittoria's was among the best that I have ever had. The vegetable soup was definitely homemade, and it was excellent. The prices on our luncheon menu were reasonable, given the high quality of the food.

We were in a party of four, and everyone enjoyed their meal. Each one of us tried every dish that came to the table, and everything was flawless. The staff was attentive and polite, and they made no attempt to rush us out of the place.

They have no liquor license, so you are free to BYOB, which I appreciate. The fact that they have a parking lot in the middle of an urban area, where parking on the street is often difficult and can lead to a parking ticket, makes this place the perfect choice if you are looking for upscale Italian food in a pleasant, casual setting.