“Nice experience, excellent meal”

La Cucina Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cucina Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 45 Restaurants in Northfield
Description: Creative Italian and Mediterranean inspired foods served in a cozy, beachy-feel BYOB restaurant. Dine-in, beautiful outdoor patio, takeout, delivery, catering, and private parties.
Reviewed June 22, 2018

While there are numerous Italian BYOBs locally, most serve fairly pedestrian fare. Not La Cucina. It occupies the space of a former Italian BYOB that didn’t make it. La Cucina will. The four of us shared langoustines’, gnocchi in a cream sauce, and meatballs to start. All were excellent. I had the fish special for my entrée and it was very good. Wife had the bronzino and loved it. Her GF had the pork chop and loved it. Her husband had the veal gamberoni. I tried it and it was very good. So far so good.

We ordered dessert to share but before it was served they brought out an excellent panna cotta and homemade limoncello (wife’s fav), both complimentary. Our friends are regulars so I guess we received the special treatment. I think we’ll become regulars too. The décor and atmosphere are pleasant and comfortable. Our server, Alex, was excellent. What a difference good wait-staff make. We can’t wait to go back.

Elis H, Manager at La Cucina Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Thank You for your business David. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Unparalleled service...great food. Try this place! I have only written one other TripAdvisor review (although I live by it) and this is worth my and your time. James is the best!

Thank you for dinning with us. Hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated Valentines Day 2018 at La Cucina. Our experience was simply excellent and enhanced by the ongoing attention of Ellis, co-owner. We shared a Caesar salad which was split and plated for us without request. The freshness of the romaine and the outstanding dressing was a great way to start the evening. We both ordered the lamb osso bucco special. The presentation and outstanding flavor of the lamb was exquisitely matched with mushroom risotto. The portion size was quite large. We concluded the dinner with chocolate lava cake that arrived with a side of vanilla ice cream. Delicious. Chef Ron should be commended for his ability to create an outstanding menu even on a crowded night like Valentines Day. My recommendation is to treat yourself NOW to La Cucina because I am certain it will be difficult to obtain a reservation when the summer season arrives !

Thank You Glenn. We hope to see you again

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Our last visit to Roberta's was a real disappointment. It turns out the chef was long gone. The new owners of La Cucina have upgraded the restaurant - as well as the food. The gnocchi is to die for - a real strength - you should order this. The Calamari appetizer was also a hit as was the brandy cream pasta sauce. The only slight miss was my veal medallions with capers and olives - the sauce kind of drowned everything and the potato/vegetable side should be scrapped for a side of the home made pasta.

Great service, BYOB. A welcome addition.

Thank you for your business. We hope to see you soon

Reviewed October 12, 2017

My husband and I had lunch here and we had the place to ourselves. It was our first time here. I had the Greek salad with shrimp and loved it. My husband also loved his lunch - an Italian meat panini. Needless to say, we will be back. Loved it.

Thank You.

Been to La Cucina Ristorante? Share your experiences!