“minimoon <3”

Suitcase Motel & Travel
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I didn't have honeymoon plans, but we had a great wedding last July 2013 and when we got our wedding money we drove down to Wildwood and stayed here...the owner at the desk was so nice, even late at night--I think we got there around 10pm and checked in, the pool the next day was so clean and refreshing. The rooms were clean and neat. Plus the coffee and pastries were delicious. The owner even bought us a beautiful bottle of wine and had it wrapped for us. Will stay there again some day...would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JulieTaylor722
Suitcase M, General Manager at Suitcase Motel & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2016

We are so appreciated of your beautifully written review. Whenever you and your husband are ready to do your 2nd honeymoon at our resorts, you know you are always welcome to stay at the Suitcase Motel & Travel. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I hope that anyone reading this will know that this is truly a fair assessment of my stay. First, I will never be staying here again, like many of the people on this board. The owners/operators of this property are unrealistic. They are unable to tell the difference between responsible adults and rowdy teenagers occupying their property. Therefore, let it be known that if you are an adult, you will be treated like a child or suspect of improper behavior at all times. It was as ridiculous to experience it firsthand as it is to write it now. The other negative reviews on this site are not lying and they are not an exaggeration as to the way that guests are treated.

As an assistant principal of a high school, a father and a respectable person in the community, I expected to be treated with a little more trust and sincerity. Their policy of “registered guests” is a good one and it protects the people staying there – the point here is that hotel management has taken this policy and gone completely overboard - compulsive to the point where individuals that are paying for the room and just have not had the opportunity to “register” (AKA – enjoy a fifteen minute lecture of the countless hotel policies) are hassled and belittled by the motel management immediately upon stepping foot onto the property. They do not give the guests a moment to even unpack a bag before they are jumping down your throat. Read the other negative reviews online and know that they are not the source of one person, but they are the collective experiences of a number of people who have experienced this same type of condescending behavior. Look at the responses to these negative reviews and you will see that it goes beyond hotel management trying to give their version of the story – it is obsessive behavior.

With that said, this is not the right motel to stay at for anyone with a family or a friend that may be hopping in to say hello, even for a moment. If you are one person, this may be the place for you to stay. Furthermore, if you have a disability or need wheelchair access, you will have a problem getting to your room since everything has steps for access. The building is not compliant with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) code and I imagine that the first person with a wheelchair that would like access to their room will be filing a complaint with the local government.

As a compliment to the hotel management, I found the accommodations to be clean and I could tell that the property owners care about their floral arrangements. It is a shame that so much of their fanatical and neurotic behavior towards hotel rules and policies actually ruins the experiences of families just looking for a simple stay in Wildwood.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank TPG1980
N_WildwoodGarden, General Manager at Suitcase Motel & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We are a family oriented motel. When people call in or walk in to require a room rate, we inform them about the motel rules, ie., non registered guests are not permitted in rooms and ask them if they have any problem. If the answer is "yes", we automatically will not take that reservation. Reason we have to inform them the motel rules, so they cannot claim that they were not told. The motel rules also posted at the office and all rooms. ALL MOTEL HAVE RULES AND WILL NOT ACCOMMODATE THOSE WHO CANNOT COMPLY TO THEIR RULES.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

If your looking for a place that is relaxing and gives you privacy this is NOT the place to go. I am 43 years old and felt as though I was being treated like a child. We were only down for the day and just needed somewhere to shower and get ready after the beach, paying a ridiculous amount of 175.00 to do so. While my 6 year was in the pool the male worker walked by numerous times, staring, and then proceeded to correct him for touching the wall of the pool (he can't reach the bottom). After the boardwalk my husband & daughter (who had been fishing in cape may all day) had simply come up to help us carry out stuff out to head home. Upon seeing them come out of the room, the male worker (who had made us feel uncomfortable all day as he seemed to be following us everywhere we were) told my husband he can't be there, to which he replied "I'm just getting my son to bring home" and the worker continued to give him a hard time afterward and then also did the same thing to my daughter. Not to mention, another female worker saw us go in & literally come out less than 10 minutes later. The fact that my husband was given a hard time for coming to get his own child is absolutely rediculous, especially for the amount paid to stay in that room for less than 12 hours. Also, they said that the room we had was for 3 people, which would only work if they were all the size of children. There was a queen size bed in the room, but the couch was only about 3 feet long and there was NO floor space. We will NEVER stay there again and will be telling everyone else we know to do the same. Im not at all surprised now that they were the only hotel we had seen with vacancy on a Saturday night, in the middle of peak season.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Nkunk850
N_WildwoodGarden, General Manager at Suitcase Motel & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

THIS IS THE FACT. Customer came to the motel office asked for a room for 1 night. She said she has 2 adults and 1 child 6 yrs. old. I suggested a small room with 2 double size beds but customer insisted only needed 1 bed although she was told that all beds are double size beds. I told her that I would try to find a room that has 1 double size bed and a couch that cannot pull out but the child can sleep on. I told her that all guests must register and the motel do not allow any non registered guests in room. She accepted all the rules of the motel that was only the reason she got a room for three people.
The pool rules are posted by the pool area but when we saw a child climbing the pool wall. We have to stop that action for the safety of the child.
While I was working outside, I saw 2 non registered person entered into the guests room. We have to let the guests know that the room only registered for 2 adults and a child. All non registered guests must leave the room. Please note that the motel office is for all inquiries and for any one who needs help to connect to the guests rooms.
The complainer said that only our motel has vacancy on Saturday when no where else had any vacancy that was not true. Many motels do not take 1 night or 2 nights on weekends. Our policy will accommodate 1 night staying only for the slot that open at the time. Our check in time is any time after 2 P.M. and check out time is by 10 A.M. unless guests buying a package with late check out by 5 P.M.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at Suitcase Motel on June 8-9, 2013. We had a completely relaxing time and the room was comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. The flowers and planted trees all around the place really gave it a calming feeling. I particularly loved looking at the little lighthouse by the pool at night - it was very pretty. The staff were very friendly upon check in and check out as well. All in all, it was a perfect weekend, and I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen D

Thank you very much for your review. We always try our best to satisfy our guests while staying at our motel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was my fist time visiting N. Wildwood. The place is clean, and very neat. I am very sensitive to odor (mold and smoke).To my surprise, Suitcase Motel was very clean. The live plants add a pleasant atmosphere and invite visitors to relax in the greenery. The owner has great taste in room decor and all the furnishing is new. It was a wonderful experience to visit Suitcase Motel at N. Wildwood.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 46679Ruby_Y

Thank you very much for a wonderful review. We need more guests like you to stay at our motel. All of our motel rooms are smoke free. You are welcome back at any time.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This motel gives North Wildwood a bad name! The association down there should revoke their license! My daughter and her boyfriend (whom is African American) along with 2 other couples (who are hispanic)stayed there . This owners/workers treated them very wrongly by telling them to stay in the back of the motel to socialize together so people going by do not see them! The nerve of them! They are all over 21! The girls were so upset and afraid to sleep some nights, and leave the room to go to the beach or boardwalk during the day, as the male worker there was always creeping in on them! The room was booked under my credit card and I had to stop over to sign. I took 2 steps onto the property and this guy popped out from no where! When they went to get a shower the water is brown! My daughter complained about the ants all over and they gave them a can of Raid to use! The ants were crawling all over everything, toothbrushes and all! Please spare yourself and family from this horrible experience. Don't get me wrong the outside of this place looks nice but NEVER Judge a book by its cover! I would NEVER allow a child to stay wonder even outside of the room as this guy is very creepy!

Room Tip: No room is a gd room here unless you are sentenced by the judge!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ann625
N_WildwoodGarden, General Manager at Suitcase Motel & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We have managed this motel for the past 23 years and are in good standing for the town and all associations that we involved. There are all races and nationality of guests that stay at this motel because that is the nature of hospitality business. We are absolutely not a racist. We always make sure all of our guests know all the places within the motel that they can enjoy while staying at our motel.
We do offer table and chairs set outside of each unit, lounge area for gathering, pool area, patio area with 4 picnic tables and 2 BBQ grills. Our lounge area is not located in the back of the motel but on top of our office. Most of our guests enjoy themselves at the lounge area. There are big gathering spaces available. Books and magazines are offered at the lounge area as well. To let guests know the places that the motel can offer for their enjoyment is far cry from the races problems as this woman's complaint.
Our water is not brown. We are using city water same as all motels around here. Memorial weekend is normally the 1st weekend the motel business start in this resorts area. If water is not clear as it should be when guests first turn it on, it should clear immediately when wwater is running. No other guests had ever complaint about our city water system.
Our motel has exterminated services. We do not know why ants would go after the guest's toothbrush. As we know, ants normally would go after food. When we received a complaint about ants on guest's toothbrush on the second day after their BBQ at the patio area, we immediately offered another room to the guests but guests refused. Our staff immediately got rid of ants problem and ensure guests were satisfied with the room. Guests requested to keep the ants spray. We, again, offered a new room if guests do decided to take it. We did not receive any complaint since. Total two nights staying for these group.
PUBLIC PLEASE TAKE NOTE. Our staff must work to keep the motel neat and clean at all time. We have no time to try to watch what our guests were doing. After all, we spelled out our motel rules at the time of making reservations. We also repeated our motel rules at the time of check in. The motel rules are also posted at the motel office and inside the motel rooms. Our motel rules are very general that many other motels have the same rules, i.e. registered guests only, no visitors, all rooms are smoke free. We do, however, time to time look out to ensure all guests that stay at our motel are safe and sound. This did not turn our staff to be a creepy as complaint. It is a good service that a good motel should provide to their guests.
When our staff saw a non-registered guest tried to get to the room, obviously we have to stop that person and let know that no visitors are allowed to the room. In this case, since this person was called to make resercations for the group, she was the first to know about our rules. If she has problems at the time of booking, we automatically would not accept that reservations. We know it was not easy for anyone who is not running a motel business to know how a motel business runs. By not allowed this woman who is a visitor to go to the registered guests room created her complaints is senseless. All motels do have motel rules! We did not cater only 2 rooms that this woman reserved but the entire motel for other guests as well. Every guest must follow the same set of rules.
Our business is based on our repeated customers. We are pround of our motel appearance, cleanliness, comfort and good services.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Our family of 4 extended our summer vacation for a September weekend in North Wildwood. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and North Wildwood is the nicer part of Wildwood. We were warmly greeted. We entered our room with a clean fragrance, tiffany type lamps, artwork to match, and a feeling of when I myself came down to Wildwood as a kid. My kids couldn't wait to go swimming. OK, a bit colder in September. We haven't been down there in quite a few years. The 3 mile boardwalk was fabulous and very much kept up with. We rented a bicycle to hold 4 (kids 8 and 5 years) and found it easy to peddle but you have to do it early in the morning. The kids found the large beach balls at the far end of the boardwalk with the large WILDWOOD sign. A great photo spot for kids to climb on the beach balls. The rides on the pier were new and a big hit. Alot of the shops had great yearend sales so buying those grab bag gift items to give out at birthdays was great. Oh, the owners have owned Suitcase Motel for many years and know what great restaurants, shopping, and the new baby animals at the zoo. They were warm and inviting and wanting to make sure we were happy with our stay. The continental breakfast that morning was banana, coffee rings, english muffins, toast, coffee, and more and gave us a chance to talk to other people. The garden plants were a warm touch and the upstairs area for sitting was a great place to gather. We'd definitely go back. I think we also liked being 3 blocks from the beach a little quieter. It also helped the kids adjust to school better by getting away off season. A great value for the money. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Suitcase M, General Manager at Suitcase Motel & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

Thank you very much for a wonderful review about our motel. We try our best to satisfy all of our guests while staying with us and looking forward to see your family again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Alante Oceanfront Motel
Alante Oceanfront Motel
#12 of 41 in North Wildwood
White Caps Motel
White Caps Motel
#34 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#37 of 41 in North Wildwood
#35 of 41 in North Wildwood
Roman Holiday Motel
Roman Holiday Motel
#3 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Suitcase Motel & Travel? Share your experiences!