“I'll Be Back”

Ivanhoe Motel and Apartments
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have now stayed at the Ivanhoe at least 6 times; each stay was indeed a delight. The apartments are roomy, up-to-date and impeccably clean. The pool is large, warm and obviously quite well maintained. The owner Marge is just great. There is nothing she will not do for a guest. She and her staff are Wildwoods experts and know everything about the area, what’s new, what has changed and what has been part of the island for decades. Additionally, while we don’t have children, I think it’s great that the Ivanhoe is on the beach side of Surf Ave. and no one needs to cross the street to get to the beach.

Room Tip: The two bed room suites are great. Marge has a name for them but I can't remember.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
nwmotelman, Manager at Ivanhoe Motel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We appreciate your kind review and the nice comments that you gave Marge. She has been at the Ivanhoe for many years. We pride ourselves on helping our guests and providing clean, quality accommodations. Thank you again

Reviewed November 2, 2013

my family and I vacationed at the Ivanhoe in july.our stay 8 days was so enjoyable it was sad to leave in a way.the owner marge is such a wonderful and caring person .always a smile for you when greated via checking in or just comming from the beach.she and her staff are very acommadating and friendly! they really care about your stay at the motel.if you like the good old summertime feeling,and friendly atmostsphere,gotta go to the Ivanhoe!

Room Tip: apt 19 second tier,very nice!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking time out to write a positive review about the Ivanhoe and the kind compliments you had for Marge. She is truely a "people" person. We're happy that your 8 day stay in our 2 bedroom suite made you feel "at home" and look forward to seeing again this summer!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I used to come every single year for the forenames convention. Stopped for 8 years but came back for my birthday place never changed in that time. Amazing service and everything is pretty close. I will be back next year without a doubt!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
nwmotelman, Owner at Ivanhoe Motel and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your positive review for the Ivanhoe Motel. It is always a pleasure to have guests return after such a long absence. We still strive to provide clean, modern facilities and glad to hear you will be back!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This is my 4th or 5th time staying at the Ivanhoe. Cleanliness is extremely important to me and my sister. I have never been disappointed with Ivanhoe in that area. Will definitely be back. The owner Marge and her staff are some of the nicest people we've ever met. Love Ivanhoe!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank harlemgir

A big thank you for your positive review highlighting the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendly staff. We appreciate that you have been with us for a fifth time, thanks again!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was our first stay at the Ivanhoe. When we arrived the owner was very accommodating, we had two cars that she let us park on her lot with no additional charge. Our room was ok. It seemed clean, It was close to the beach. We were happy, we thought that may be we found a motel in Wildwood that we can continue to return to. The next day we saw what we thought could have been a roach, but it moved too fast. We didn"t mention it to the office, just encase we we were wrong.( we knew what we saw) The next day my daughter saw another one. This time she killed it, and yes it was a roach. The owner saw it and changed our room.(that was the least she could do). Thank God we were checking out the next day. After the room change the owner and her two house keepers we not very nice to us. I never write reviews, I felt this could not go by without being said. We will never return to this motel and I would never recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

It's ashame that one incident spoiled an otherwise nice stay. We accommodated you with 2 parking spots and upgraded your room to a 2 bedroom apartment from a 1 bedroom after your room change. I don't believe anyone treated you poorly after your room change. It should be noted that whatever "bug" you found in your room could have been transported from the beach back to your room by you or a previous guest. We're sorry that this incident took place as you were happy otherwise

Reviewed August 25, 2013

A dear friend of mine has been telling me about this motel for years. When I decided to go to Wildwood this summer, I automatically called The Ivanhoe. I was absolutely thrilled & amazed at the cleanliness & the friendliness of everyone there. I didn't want our vacation to end. The owner, was so nice and really seemed to care about our happiness while there. The rooms were clean & well cared for, sure the rooms aren't new but I couldn't find one problem with our room!!

We will be returning!!

• Stayed: August 2013

We're happy you had an enjoyable time vacationing with us and were thrilled with the cleanliness of our motel. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I used to spend the first week in August at the Ivanhoe when I was a kid. Took the grandkids the same week this year for old time's sake and found the place just the same. It is not fancy but it is clean, only a half block from the beach and boardwalk, and has a wonderful pool that gets the afternoon shade. The owner is very nice and the place has the same family feeling it did when I was a kid. Many of the guests we met at the pool were also returners. It seems once you go to the Ivanhoe you are destined to return! Others have said they found the AC and hot water lacking. I could not disagree more. The hot water was super hot and the AC worked perfectly. Free wifi too! No complaints here. Great place to make new family memories as good as the old ones.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We pride ourselves on our returning guests and are happy you have once again chosen the Ivanhoe to bring your grandkids. Thank you again for chosing the Ivanhoe.