“Awful telephone experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Ivanhoe Motel and Apartments
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
USA
“Awful telephone experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

I didn't stay here - I wasn't even given a chance. I called recently to find pricing and availablility for me and my husband and my father to enjoy a weekend down the shore. I'm use to booking hotels in any place, and didn't know I had to give my whole life story in order to book a room. I just wanted pricing information! Instead, the woman on the phone hung up on me! When I called back and asked her why, she got even madder and said I was being evasive. Two men and one female equals trouble. I'm sorry that the three of us would be so much trouble to her. Needless to say, I will never stay here.

• Stayed May 2008
4 Thank BenignTraveler

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Warrington, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

A friend stayed at this hotel and was very disappointed about the conditions they found.On checking in- they found their room to be VERY dirty with cobwebs in the corners,dirty glasses in the cabinets and a previous tenents underwear in the drawers!!!
The cleaning staff ASKED each day what they wanted them to do?? instead of just cleaning the room standardly?? The front desk staff was "just ok" with friendliness.they did respond to fix a refridg. when asked.With all the choices in wildwood- this one is a "NO".It is always better in the Crest!!! May pay more-but its worth it!!!

• Liked — pool clean
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Pottstown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2006

Where do I begin? We checked into our room and found the ceiling fan in one of the rooms dangling by the wire. My daughter sat on her bed and the headboard fell. We reported both of these problems to the office within 10 minutes of checking in and went to dinner. Upon returning from a fun evening out we found a 'post-in' on our door indicating to come to the office. When we got to the office Marge informed us that the 2 problems that we reported (10 minutes after checing in) were not reported by housekeeping when the other guest checked out - so therefore they were accussing our children (ages 16, 15 & 6) of jumping on the bed and causing the damage. After we debated that theory - we still didn't get an apology from Marge for the accussation. By the way the problem was fixed by removing the ceiling fan - not replacing it. What a way to kick off a family vacation - needless to say we would have left that night but of course there's 'no refunds'. In addition, this place could use some updates. My summary - If you don't care about professionalism then this is the place to stay. But if you care about the service you receive for your hard earned money - seek other accommodations.

• Liked — The floor plan of the room
  • Disliked — Unprofesstional staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay someone else
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank 241god
Blairstown
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2006

Old facility, with a nice set up having two bedrooms and a fold out sofa. Needs some updating in the rooms.

We had to leave early (after only 1 night of 4 that were paid for), due to a death in the family. I told the owner why we were leaving. No reaction at all. No condolences, sorry, nothing. I understand not getting back my money, it really is not their problem. I asked in a letter that if they were able to rent our room to try to reimburse us, or give us a credit for a future stay. I guess they never rented the room.

I would not go back.

• Stayed July 2004
2 Thank L5836CSlarrys
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2005

I have been to the Ivanhoe twice now and have booked another vacation for September there. I found Tony, Maguerite and Mark to be very hospitable and down to earth.
I like the Ivanhoe as it is a "no frills" motel; yet has the atmospere of home. It is one of the cleanest, neatest motels that I have ever been to and I am rather picky about cleanliness myself. The bathroom floor, tub and sink were immaculate from corner to corner. Their maids are always friendly there.
I also like the idea that they have kitchens that you can cook in as I have allergies to a lot of things and need to cook everything from scratch. I especially recommend this place for families because it has a family atmosphere, but I like it for my own personal getaway to paint and socialize. I am looking forward to my stay in September.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank studioart1960
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2005

Everything about the Ivanhoe is wonderful. My kids love this place. It is only a block from the boardwalk with no streets to cross. Bike rental is right down the street. My kids just love the pool and sometimes we are the only ones in it. My only complaint is that the pool closes at 6:00 p.m., but this is very typical of all hotels in the Wildwoods. That needs to change. The rooms are very clean and the maid service is wonderful. The owners try to accomodate your every need. They are very friendly.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2004

We have been Coming down to the Ivanhoe Motel for the last 18 years and I can tell you that I look forward to it every year! It is a clean family place. Tony, Margeurite and Mark are always working hard! They make sure that you can have a nice family vacation without worry of hoodlums unlike some other hotels in Wildwood. They really try to keep the place clean and family oriented. BBQ grills, nice pool, laundry area, showers for cleaning up after the beach. This is a VERY NICE hotel. Thanks. The Marcelis Family

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Surf Song Beach Resort
Surf Song Beach Resort
#21 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
Matador Oceanfront Resort
Matador Oceanfront Resort
#7 of 41 in North Wildwood
The StarLux Hotel & Suites

Been to Ivanhoe Motel and Apartments? Share your experiences!