“July 4th weekend becoming a tradition at the Sandpiper”
Review of Sandpiper Motel

Sandpiper Motel
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
philadelphia.p.a.
“July 4th weekend becoming a tradition at the Sandpiper”
Reviewed June 30, 2009

After a really great weekend last 4th of July, we are again returning to the Sandpiper for our guys weekend at the Shore. The owners, Kathy and her Husband are really welcoming and make all of their guests feel at home. Most of the guests that stay here return here year after year. The rooms are clean and functional .The pool is clean and heated. The Sandpiper is 1 block away from the Beach and Boardwalk. when you pull up to the Sandpiper you really feel like you have arrived at the Jersey Shore. See you Friday Kathy !!!!
Gregg, Jack, Glenn, and Tommy
Philadelphia, PA

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank gmclau2223

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I have four children aged 14-4. They all had a great time, the other guests were of the same mind set. The staff was wonderful. Everyting was clean and well kept. No one got loud, we sat outside with other guests. Very relaxing! We were there with other family members. I have already booked my stay for this summer! The family and I can't wait!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
PA
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Our family stays at the sandpiper every year. It always clean, rooms and pool. Maid service is wonderful. Even the other guest are nice. Where else can you say that the owner know you by name, always have time to chat, loves to offer suggestions on places to eat, where to go, not to mention offers you fresh veggies and herbs grown right there. Even my daughter loves the place and people there. Who else is going to let her play store and hotel, and keep a star wars doll that she's given them for years!!!! Not those other guys thats for sure!

• Liked — the people
  • Disliked — there are a few steps to get to the rooms and pool that make it a little hared for the handicap to access
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ksukley
levittown, PA
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Our family has been going to the Sandpiper for 15 years. Let me tell you, this motel is one of the most friendly and accommodating in the area. I truly love the family that runs the motel and they are always helpful and polite. It has the best location, one block from the boards and ocean. It is clean, not the HYatt, but very nice. Our family would not go back for 15 years if the staff was rude. You CAN sit outside your room until whenever you want. Don't get me wrong if you abuse their property, they have every right to correct you. If you respect their property, they will respect you, its that simple!!!!!

I would definitely reccommend this motel to everyone, my mother stays there, my friends and other family members.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced motel in a terrific town with plenty to do, I suggest you call Kathy and book, you wont be sorry, we never are!!!

• Liked — Really everything!!!
  • Disliked — Only one parking spot per room, since my kids drive now, but that cant be helped!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philly, PA.
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stayed there twice within a few weeks. The first time it was pleasant and the woman manager was nice to us and very talkative. For this reason, we stayed there again a few weeks later. It was like she had an alternate personality. She was extremely rude, unhelpful to our requests and watched us like a hawk.

My sister stayed next door to us so we were both out front of our adjoining rooms chatting at 7pm on a Friday night. She came right up the steps quickly to tell us "there will be no partying tonight!" . We said "what - we're merely conversing about plans for the evening" . She left mumbling rudely... We kept talking, at 7pm on a Friday night in Wildwood, where you go to HAVE A GOOD TIME, and she cam right back up 5 mins later to count everyone in our rooms for extra guests. She was even more angry when she saw we only had exactly what we booked and paid for. We are family people with kids !

Now on her third trip up at about 7:30pm to ask that we not "hang out infront of our rooms" , we told her we'd like to leave and have a full refund. We were there maybe 3 hours and hadn't even started to have fun yet. I don't know what was wrong with this lady, but she was like the school principal treating us 30+ year olds (with family) like children. We got our money back and walked across the street to the Condor where the staff is always friendly.

So if you're staying around 15th-16th-17th streets, go to the Condor-Matador-Surf Song, etc.. instead of this apparent pre-school.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank jrjr1313
SandpiperMotel, Owner/Manager at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this review, July 23, 2008
Dear JrJr1313,
This is Kathy from the Sandpiper Motel. I believe you have us confused with another motel. Our family is unaware of the situation you described. You are welcome to call me @ 609-522-7129. I would like to clear the air. It is our goal that all guests staying with us feel comfortable and enjoy their vacation! Thank you. Kathy
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 27, 2007

It is very clean and well maintained. I travel for work so I've stayed in many different types of hotels (Marriotts, Sheraton, Hiltons, other hotel chains, B&Bs, etc.) It's a family-oriented hotel - not a teen/young adult party hotel at all.
I was looking for a relaxing time and I got it. There were families in the hotel with children of all ages but no one really got loud.
There is so much nearby that you really can park your car and walk every where...there's even a convenient store a block away for staples for your in-room refrigerator (there is a microwave in your room as well so you can skip at least one meal per day on the boardwalk or elsewhere if you wish.) There is at least three breakfast diners in a one block radius. Bike rentals on the boardwalk (a block away too). Beach - a block away, playground - a block away, etc. The hotel also has a decent size pool.

• Liked — Cleanliness and Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo