“Hidden gem”

Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Pennsylvania
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Had a fantastic time with family. Very Very clean, quiet, family friendly and relaxing place to enjoy ones vacation in Wildwood. close to beach, stores and boardwalk. Owners are amazing and want to thank them for everything. will go back again very soon!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Folcroft, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Been staying at The Sandpiper since Kathy and Family got the Motel.. Love it and won't stay anywhere else. Great friendly family, Super clean rooms. Quiet corner motel within very short distance from beach and start of boardwalk.

2 Thank PhillyCutie
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed at the Sandpiper from 6/17 - 6/20 and had a great time. The place is literally a block from beach and start of boardwalk. The hotel is so clean, the owners are great, the pool is fabulous. This is the first time I stayed in this hotel but it won't be the last. If you are looking for a place that is far enough from the noise of the boardwalk but close enough to walk, stay here, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Frap76
Chester
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I truly liked the motel, except our room was on the 2nd flr. and I dislike walking up all those steps; it would've been great if there were 1 or 2 elevators.....very clean & friendly place to stay........until the night before we were to leave, we had some friends over to visit me & my boyfriend......and they began smoking all night as we watched movies.........and the next day, my boyfriend told me the owner of the motel fined my boyfriend $250.00 for smelling smoke in the room the day we were leaving. I don't think this was right, had we been forewarned of a huge fine like that in advance of our stay, we would've never allowed our friends to smoke in the room. I feel this was extremely unfair and very shocking
and made the last day of our visit there a disaster; we went home feeling shell shocked, and it ruined the only 3 day vacation I've had in at least 10 years. There should have been a penalty notice for violation of this smoke-free policy posted on the inside of the entry doors to each room.

2 Thank PebblesChester
Clementon, New Jersey
Reviewed October 2, 2010

friendly staff, helpful management, clean comfortable rooms. We have a wonderful stay every year and it has been very nice to see the upgrades each year we stay. Looking forward to seeing what is new next year.
Kathy, we missed chatting with you & Lauren by the pool this year.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I luv the Sandpiper, my daughter and her friends luv the Sandpiper. Great location 1/2 block to boardwalk, and the Staff, Steph, Lauren, Kathy, Bill, and Connie are all FANTASTIC!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Elizabethown, PA
Reviewed August 19, 2010

As usual we had another nice short vacation at the Sandpiper Motel. The negatives that I can say are: In the bathroom, the toilet seat kept coming off and shower rod was rusted on the sides. The parking is the worst for this motel. My pick up was banged and the paint is gone from the person who parked next to me. My vehicle cannot fit in every space that they have. I was afraid to drive anywhere and lose my spot.
As for everything else, it is wonderful. The three beds, the kitchen, the two tv's all great. The pool was nice. Sleeping has been quiet whenever we stay there. There was a guest who didn't use the best of language to her children/grandchildren. That is always annoying but we tried to ignore them.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Dee5StarAdventure
SandpiperMotel, Owner at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
Hello Denise,

I recognized your screen name on your review and was consequently able to locate the elusive “broken toilet seat.” We didn’t realize the lid of the seat slid off if someone moved around on it. It was something you would not notice while cleaning. I wish you had reported it to the office. Bill would have replaced it. ; )

Looking forward to seeing you next year!
Kathy